Monday, November 1, 2010

Half-Assed NaBloWriMo Day 1

Okay so I've always wanted to participate in NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) but I would never, ever be able to do it. I briefly considered doing NaBloWriMo (National Blog Writing Month) but I think this is going to be a busy month.

Then I stumbled upon another 30 day meme so it's going to be my half-assed attempt at NaBloWriMo. It's got different questions than the old one, I like it.

Here we go!

Day 01 - Your current relationship, if single discuss how single life is.

Well it should come as no surprise that my boyfriend is Anthony, as I've mentioned approximately 50 million times and even more if you ever talk to me in person (I talk about him a lot).

How we met is kind of interesting. Last summer he was bored and after a Google search, ended up on my Nunavut blog. He liked it, saw my link to my Twitter account, and started following me. He wrote to me a few times on Twitter, telling me he liked my blog and he wanted to say hello. I didn't really pay attention because I used to get a lot of comments, emails, and tweets about my blog and it was hard to keep up with. Every now and then Anthony would comment on something I'd tweeted about. Admittedly, I kind of thought he was weird and verging on annoying. I didn't follow his Twitter and wasn't interested in following him on Twitter.

In early December (2009), I mentioned on Twitter I was obsessed with the song "Go Let it Out" by Oasis. Anthony replied to me AGAIN, saying some nonsense about an unplugged concert bootleg he had and was willing to email me. I replied with my email address and after he wrote me a cute introduction to himself in his email, I realized he wasn't such a weirdo, he was actually interesting. We started emailing back and forth and then we agreed to play Settlers of Catan online. I should say that at this point, I was coming out of an extremely tumultuous, soap opera-esque relationship in which my heart and social life had been proverbially hit by a train, struck by lightning and then drowned in a river of fire (to put it nicely), and was in no way on the hunt for a new boyfriend.

After we had a chance to chat online on the Settlers website, we started chatting on Facebook and Gmail everyday for hours. I was just about to go home for Christmas vacation so we decided we should get together and meet for dinner. Before we met, I already knew I had a crush on him, but he always said he was glad to have a new friend in me so I assumed, sadly, he wasn't interested in me. Little did I know he thought the same thing about me. So we met for dinner and honestly, I don't even remember much of it. I know the waiter kept having to come back because we were so absorbed in conversation, we kept forgetting to pick out food. Then we talked so much I never got a chance to even eat my dinner and it got cold. After Anthony paid, I think we sat around for another half hour or more before I realized we should probably get going.

We've now been dating for 10 months. If it wasn't clear before, Anthony lives in Ann Arbor, Michigan. If it also wasn't clear, I left Iqaluit to be closer to him. Ann Arbor is about a 2 hour drive from Sarnia so we're able to see each other more often.

And now for some bigger news: I mentioned this briefly in my Nunavut blog before deleting it and deciding to announce it later but I will be moving to Ann Arbor next year. I'm currently waiting on a fiancée visa from the American government. Yes, you read that right. While we haven't gotten "formally" engaged yet, that should be forthcoming very soon. It's not exactly under the most romantic terms we're getting married (the visa process sucks and has a lot of regulations), I am excited nonetheless for the next stage of my life. So now that you know all my secrets, I'll conclude this entry.


The rest:
Day 02 - Where you’d like to be in 10 years.
Day 03 - Your views on drugs and alcohol.
Day 04 - Your views on religion.
Day 05 - A time you thought about ending your own life.
Day 06 - Write 30 interesting facts about yourself.
Day 07 - Your zodiac sign and if you think it fits your personality.
Day 08 - A moment you felt the most satisfied with your life.
Day 09 - How you hope your future will be like.
Day 10 - Discuss your first love and first kiss.
Day 11 - Put your ipod on shuffle and write 10 songs that pop up.
Day 12 - Bullet your whole day.
Day 13 - Somewhere you’d like to move or visit.
Day 14 - Your earliest memory.
Day 15 - Your favorite tumblrs.
Day 16 - Your views on mainstream music.
Day 17 - Your highs and lows of this past year.
Day 18 - Your beliefs.
Day 19 - Disrespecting your parents.
Day 20 - How important you think education is.
Day 21 - One of your favorite shows.
Day 22 - How have you changed in the past 2 years?
Day 23 - Give pictures of 5 guys who are famous who you find attractive.
Day 24 - Your favorite movie and what it’s about.
Day 25 - Someone who fascinates you and why.
Day 26 - What kind of person attracts you.
Day 27 - A problem that you have had.
Day 28 - Something that you miss.
Day 29 - Goals for the next 30 days.
Day 30 - Your highs and lows of this month.

3 comments:

  1. Hey I am doing NaBloPoMo! (NAtional BLOg POsting MOnth) Follow my blog if you are not already, I'm making up my own 30 day meme haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Royal in Cancun offers online booking services of 4 Days at the Royal in Cancun vacation packages for four people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this blog. There is really nice information.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: ALL COMMENTS WITH LINKS TO MEDICAL PRACTICES AND OTHER BUSINESSES WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY AND MARKED AS SPAM. Advertisements are not tolerated on this blog. Go away.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...