Sunday, November 14, 2010

Half-Assed NaBloWriMo Day 14

This entry is coming to you kind of late, but better than not at all. I'm ready for this weekend to be over. I'm also ready for my knee to heal. It's been 3 weeks of not going to the gym and I'm absolutely dying to go. I don't remember the last time I went this long without going to the gym. It's making me depressed.

I'm getting pretty desperate for a job. The opportunity I mentioned awhile back is still on the table, but it's taking its sweet time and my stress level is going through the roof. I am hoping to settle some job stuff this week. I'm done with being unemployed. The longer I'm unemployed, the more I keep injuring myself. My ankle feels a lot better today, it's only sore when I touch it, as opposed to it pulsating with pain as it was yesterday.

Day 14 - Your earliest memory.

My very earliest memory is being pushed in a stroller in a parking lot. I found out some time later that the parking lot was in Montreal and I was 3 years old. I don't know how I figured out it was in Montreal, I think I remembered more about it before and my mom clarified the locale. I have a few other memories from age 3 but can't recall them right now, haha. I know they're in there somewhere, I have to be reminded of them.

Another memory I have, probably also from the age of 3 or right before turning 4, was of getting ready to go to preschool. I remember my mom was getting ready in front of the mirror in the bathroom and I came in, and I remember frowning at myself in the mirror. I didn't want to go to preschool, I think because I really didn't like being around other kids. Wow, not much has changed!

On the topic of not changing, last year my brother found some of my old report cards from the primary grades and kindergarten. Back then, teachers used to write a narrative about your personality and your progress in class. I was amazed to see that what my teachers had written about my personality is still valid and true today. I think it's because as children, we're very honest. We don't really have a semblance of etiquette and social mores, we just act according to our personality.

Back to memories, I have a very, very good memory for most things. The one thing I tend to forget all the time is what I have told other people. My feelings about things tend to vary depending on my mood and sometimes when I'm told I said something in the past, I'm like, "No way, there is NO WAY I said that. I don't think that at all!" But of course, the other person always insists I said it. But generally, I'm very good at remembering dates and numbers and spellings and little details.

Anyhoo, I'm going to bed. Pray or hope or whatever you do that something, anything, good happens this week. :S

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE NOTE: ALL COMMENTS WITH LINKS TO MEDICAL PRACTICES AND OTHER BUSINESSES WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY AND MARKED AS SPAM. Advertisements are not tolerated on this blog. Go away.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...