Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Half-Assed NaBloWriMo Day 16

Another late post. It's been a crappy day.

I had an appointment with my doctor today since my knee has not gotten better at all, despite hurting it exactly 3 weeks ago. As I figured, I didn't sprain it, I've got chondromalacia patallae, AKA Runners Knee. The cartilage under my kneecap is irritated. It's a fairly common problem among active young people, but unfortunately my doctor told me it's going to take several months to clear up completely. This is extremely bad news as I consider myself a gym rat. I haven't been to the gym in almost a month now and now I have to wait even longer. I can't think about this without welling up with tears. :(

Worst of all, I have to go BACK to physiotherapy, the very same clinic I just got discharged from last Thursday! I had told them during my last 2 appointments that I had hurt my knee (to which they paid no mind) so at least I can say, "I told you I hurt my knee!" It's just kind of embarrassing, I wonder how many times they've seen a patient finish up treatment for one injury and then come back with another! Only me. I deserve some kind of award for being this big of a disaster zone.

I didn't think my day could get any worse until I found out that I probably won't have my visa in hand to move to Michigan until May at the very, very earliest. June/July is also quite possible. This is ridiculous because these visas only take 4-7 months for people from other countries, but Canada's (American) consulate in Montreal is notoriously slow. It's going to take me a YEAR for this visa. I'm so mad about it, I can barely see straight. I would not have quit my job in Iqaluit so soon if I knew it was going to take this long. It's not all the Canadian consulate's fault though, as the initial immigration petition (which is processed in the US) has been pending for 133 days as of today and probably won't be approved until the end of November, IF I'm lucky. That's historically unheard of for this kind of petition and only serves to make this whole process that much more annoying and stressful. The whole point of this fiance visa was so that Americans could bring over their fianc├ęs in a more timely manner, as bringing over a spouse takes longer (not really anymore, though).

So assuming I'm not going anywhere until June, I'm going to be car-less after March and cell phone-less after April (contract expires). I'm just bloody thrilled with how this year is turning out. If 2011 isn't slightly better than 2010, we're going to have some serious problems. 2010 has been all red-tape and every time something good happens to me, 10 bad things happen to make up for it. It's been like this all year and I'm soooooo ready for a change from disappointment after disappointment.

Day 16 - Your views on mainstream music.

I'm too mad right now to formulate a long answer to this so all I'm going to say is some of it is good, some of it is bad. How is this any different from any other era of music? Justin Bieber: bad. Metric: good. Ke$ha: bad. Rilo Kiley: good.

And don't get me started on Glee. Ew, I can't believe I just typed that and it wasn't referring to a mood. I'm done now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE NOTE: ALL COMMENTS WITH LINKS TO MEDICAL PRACTICES AND OTHER BUSINESSES WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY AND MARKED AS SPAM. Advertisements are not tolerated on this blog. Go away.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...