Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Half-Assed NaBloWriMo Day 2

Well my knee is back to hurting more today so tomorrow I'm (probably) going to see a doctor. Thank you for the concern to the 2 commenters yesterday who said I should see a doctor.

As I mentioned yesterday, my snug piercing had been hurting. I decided to take out my barbell for a little bit to see if it would make it feel better. However, I don't like leaving any cartilage piercing out, even for 15 minutes, and I immediately got paranoid and went into the bathroom to put it back in. And wouldn't you know it, I dropped the earring down the sink drain. There is another opening in the drain pipe and it fell down there. Only I would do something this stupid, trust me. The only other curved barbells I had were of a bigger gauge, something I never realized when I bought the barbell I had been wearing up until yesterday. My stomach turned at the idea of trying to put in a bigger gauge when my ear was already in pain but somehow after a bit of blood, I got it in.

Now, if you're not feeling too queasy from that, here's the daily meme.

Day 02 - Where you’d like to be in 10 years.

In short, I have NO idea. I can barely predict what I'm going to be doing in 6 months, let alone 10 years. I just have no clue. I can hazard a guess that I'll probably be living in the USA but will it be Ann Arbor or even Michigan? Your guess is as good as mine.

What I can tell you is how I hope things will be in 10 years. I'll be 34 years old. I hate to sound anything but blindly romantic but I'm hoping Anthony and I are still married. I'm hoping we won't have any kids and I'm hoping we have a cat or some other pet (Anthony wants a pot-bellied pig).

I would like to have a nice car or small SUV. Or hell, maybe hover crafts will be around by 2020! I'd like to perhaps be in a different house, one that we bought together. I would like to have a diploma or a degree or something and I would like to be making good money (wouldn't we all?).

Other than that, I don't really care where I am or what I'm doing. My life has a way of working out opposite to how I think it will so I don't even like to guess where I'll be and what I'll be doing. There is no WAY that 10 years ago I could have ever predicted even one aspect of my current life.

With this, I leave you with a quote from Joseph Campbell: "You must give up the life you planned in order to have the life that is waiting for you."

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE NOTE: ALL COMMENTS WITH LINKS TO MEDICAL PRACTICES AND OTHER BUSINESSES WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY AND MARKED AS SPAM. Advertisements are not tolerated on this blog. Go away.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...