Thursday, November 4, 2010

Half-Assed NaBloWriMo Day 4

Sometimes all you can do is laugh.

My brother is getting married tomorrow and on Saturday, Anthony and I have another wedding to go to in Michigan. Having a solid 2 days where I need to look good, I decided to get a manicure.

I ended up at one of those places with the thick stench of chemicals in the air, employed solely by immigrants (who I'm guessing have no sense of smell left). A quick look at the price board, MANICURE -- $17, and I was sold on the place immediately. I ended up having to get up mid-manicure and get money from an ATM as they told me they didn't take debit. As I was walking to the ATM next door, I noticed the rear passenger tire on my car was nearly flat.

Long story short, I got the rest of the manicure and left. As I reached into my purse to get my keys, I ended up smudging the polish on 2 fingers and chipped a third. Money down the drain. Ugh. I didn't know where to get air in this city so I called my grandpa, who told me to come over as he owns an air pump.

When I parked in the driveway, I inspected my tire and found something unusual. A bolt. Stuck in the tire. How could I have driven for 2 years in Iqaluit on the worst roads in Canada and not gotten a flat, but 4 months in Sarnia was all it took?

Another long story short, $25 later and it's fixed. I couldn't believe it was only $25 to plug it, I'm still accustomed to northern prices. I'm sure the same service in Iqaluit would have run closer to $100.

Anyway, I was thankful my grandpa was able to help me. When I was sitting in the parking lot at the salon, I didn't know what to do or where to go. Then I thought, "You idiot, you have family here. Just call them and ask!" In Iqaluit if I couldn't get a hold of my main go-to person (miss her dearly), I'd be SOL for ideas.

Tomorrow morning I'm getting my hair done before the wedding. Let's pray nothing else goes wrong in the middle of that! With my luck, anything is possible.

Day 04 - Your views on religion.

I think I answered this in the last meme so I'll keep it brief. Number 1, I don't subscribe to any religion. I believe in karma and follow the golden rule and to me, that's all I need. If there is a god or heaven, being a good person is the only way to get here. I don't think eating meat or working on Sunday is horrid enough to cast me to the ranks of the damned.

Number 2, I am respectful of all religions. I don't think any particular religion is bad or wrong. Spirituality and religion are personal matters and if it works for you, that's a good thing. As I mentioned in the first meme, I admire piety in others. Devoting your life to a single cause is admirable. I could never do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE NOTE: ALL COMMENTS WITH LINKS TO MEDICAL PRACTICES AND OTHER BUSINESSES WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY AND MARKED AS SPAM. Advertisements are not tolerated on this blog. Go away.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...