Monday, November 8, 2010

Half-Assed NaBloWriMo Day 8

Phew, finally the last one for today.

Day 08 - A moment you felt the most satisfied with your life.

The day I moved into my own apartment in Iqaluit. I had been living there for 11 months before I finally got a place of my own. It was all I had wanted for such a long time and finally it was mine. I sat down on my couch, put my feet on the coffee table and just took it all in. It was my first place all to myself and it felt so darn good. No one could ever evict me, no one would ever disrupt me, I could sleep as long as I wanted and take marathon 3 hour baths and wouldn't have to feel an inch of guilt. It was lovely.

I've continued to feel pretty satisfied since then. I don't want to be the kind of person who delays happiness until the next life milestone is reached. I try to enjoy life as it is now.

Things have been a little unsatisfying since I moved back to Ontario. I'm struggling to feel proud of myself while jobless and living with my dad. Objectively, I'm kind of a bum right now and I'm having a hard time accepting that. I know it's only temporary though, and I still have a lot of things to be satisfied with. Eyes on the prize, eyes on the prize.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE NOTE: ALL COMMENTS WITH LINKS TO MEDICAL PRACTICES AND OTHER BUSINESSES WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY AND MARKED AS SPAM. Advertisements are not tolerated on this blog. Go away.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...