Monday, November 8, 2010

Half-Assed NaBloWriMo Day 6

I'm going to have to do days 6, 7 and 8 today so just bear with me.

On Friday my brother got married in Toronto. It was a great wedding! It was especially fun because I got to see relatives I rarely see, including my one cousin I hadn't seen in 5-6 years. I only have 4 cousins (I win the record for least amount of cousins) and to not see one for that long was weird. Anthony got to meet my extended family which was cool.

On Saturday we went to another wedding in Michigan. I ended up missing the ceremony due to uh, post-alcohol-consumption related sickness, but I made it out for the reception. It was probably the exact opposite of my brother's wedding so it was cool to go to 2 completely different weddings in the span of one day.

Sunday we went to the Lions game in Detroit. I'd never been to an NFL game before but I really enjoyed it. I'll take real seats with drink holders over a crammed metal bench any day of the week.

Now here's the meme!

Day 06 - Write 30 interesting facts about yourself.

1. I'm left-handed.

2. I sleep with socks on (I hate being bare foot ever except the bath and beach).

3. I have hammer toe on my outer 3 toes of both feet and thus I hate wearing sandals.

4. I have broken my left wrist, my collarbone, and my right baby toe. I have also strained my knee (which is current), sprained my left ankle a few times, thrown out my back twice, and also sprained my left wrist. I don't think either of my siblings have ever injured themselves.

5. One winter/spring I filmed local OHL games for the cable company. The best part was the free pizza between periods.

6. In elementary school, I won the oratorical (public speaking) award twice, bronze proficiency (forget what grade), I think silver proficiency in Grade 5 (can't remember), and the English award for my Grade 8 graduating class.

7. In Grade 10, I entered (and won) a writing contest in my French class. The winners would have their writing published in a French text book for Ontario students. The subject? What you would bring with you if you went to Nunavut. Bizarre coincidence. I always kept the piece of paper I wrote it on because Madame had written on it "A+++++! You have a gift in writing!" I found it right before I moved to Rankin Inlet.

8. Smoked salmon is my favourite food.

9. A month before I turned 5, I was running in my house, slammed into a corner, and knocked out one of my front teeth. My mom took me to the hospital and they put my tooth in an envelope. That night, our house caught on fire and the tooth went with it. I was so upset the tooth fairy wouldn't take my very first lost tooth.

10. I have driven on a regular basis the following vehicles: A 1994 Honda Accord, a 2000 Dodge Neon, a 1993 Toyota Camry, a 2002 Suzuki XL-7, a late 90s Toyota Corolla and now a 2007 Ford Fusion. The '94 Accord was my favourite, the Neon was my least favourite.

11. I have very light brown hair. My hair has not been fully its natural colour since the mid to late 90s. I started dying it when I was still a kid.

12. I have 4 piercings: my ear lobes, cartilage in my left ear, and a snug in my right ear. I really want an industrial but I still have a hard time sleeping on my snug and don't want to be forced to sleep on my back. Also, I think some employers would take issue with an industrial whereas my snug is discreet and doesn't look unusual. My cartilage piercings (I've had 7 in total over the years) barely hurt at all, whereas my lobes (pierced twice) were quite painful. I have thick ear lobes.

13. I've seen the following bands live: Peter Noone of Herman's Hermits, The Moffatts (their last-ever concert), Hawksley Workman, Sloan, and The Trews. I met The Moffatts and Hawksley Workman after those concerts, touched Chris Murphy of Sloan on the arm during the concert, and attended the same house party as The Trews (in Iqaluit). I actually had no idea The Trews were even in attendance until they started playing a song in the middle of the kitchen.

14. I love all chocolate equally but I guess if I could only eat one chocolate bar for the rest of my life, it'd be Crispy Crunch. My mom still thinks Coffee Crisp is my favourite chocolate bar (which it was when I was younger) and buys me bags of them for every holiday.

15. The 5 most expensive things I've ever purchased in order of expensiveness: my old Suzuki, my vacation in 2008, my iMac, my MacBook, my old 42" TV.

16. The 2 most expensive gifts I've ever given anyone were a trip to Alberta and a Garmin GPS (separate people).

17. I started a paper journal in 1998, began writing online in 2002, and began publicly blogging in 2006. My paper journal is pretty much defunct but I continue to write in a locked Livejournal and this blog (obviously).

18. I have been told numerous times that I should write a book but I don't think it'd be any good, nor would anyone read it. I don't think I could work on one single thing for so long that is based solely on my own creativity.

19. I've had 8 cats in my life: Deli, Tiger, Abbey, Casey, Soleil, Leah (current), Moon Unit, and Dweezil. Deli died in the fire mentioned in #9, Tiger was put down due to sickness, Abbey was either poisoned or hit by a car (we found her dead in the driveway, seemingly uninjured), Casey and Soleil disappeared, Leah is still with me, and I gave away Moon Unit and Dweezil.

20. I owned 2 hamsters in 2005, both of whom died due to my negligent care. That's when I decided I'd never own something more complicated than a cat.

21. I have only owned 2 cell phones in my life. I used to think I'd go my whole life without one, but now I can't live without my iPhone.

22. I use Foursquare regularly and love it, though I don't really know why. Probably a blend of narcissism and love of technology.

23. I cannot handle spicy food, except jalapenos. My mouth is super ultra sensitive, I can barely tolerate cinnamon hearts.

24. My favourite flavour of potato chips is plain.

25. I love black licorice (and Sambuca).

26. Americans can always tell I'm Canadian by my accent, but other Canadians always think I'm from Nova Scotia.

27. I type with my 2 index fingers and I'm very fast. No matter how hard I try, I just can't seem to make myself type normally. I'm pretty sure this is because I started regularly using computers and the Internet when I was so young, but I never took any typing classes. I was required in Grade 4 to take a typing class but the method never stuck and soon after, I was addicted to the computer.

28. I have naturally very wavy hair, verging on curly, but I keep it straightened. Most people who know me are shocked when they see my natural hair and think I styled it.

29. My favourite colour is green but I love all colours except yellow and most shades of orange.

30. When I was very young, I used every opportunity to wish my parents would buy me a Power Wheels. I'm 24 and I still want one. Okay, I'd settle for a go-kart, but I'll always long for a Power Wheels. If I ever have children, they are getting Power Wheels.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE NOTE: ALL COMMENTS WITH LINKS TO MEDICAL PRACTICES AND OTHER BUSINESSES WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY AND MARKED AS SPAM. Advertisements are not tolerated on this blog. Go away.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...