Saturday, November 7, 2015

NaBloPoMo Day 7: My plans for 2016

Since I had to write two posts today, this one is going to be a bit more brief! It's been a long day for my brain.

1. I am hoping to finally, once and for all, transfer my job to Windsor. Will it actually happen? I have no idea, but it'll be 4 years since I started trying. I've been starting to make more noise at work about it, and I've finally reached out to a union representative for help. Here's hoping.

2. I am also hoping that this is the year I finally move to Michigan. As you may be aware, we originally intended for me to immigrate in 2011 but we put it off so I could pay off debts and continue working at my job. Since the transfer to Windsor hasn't happened, we haven't been in too much of a hurry to send in the visa petition paperwork, but we can't live separately forever. Now that Anthony and I are married, it is increasingly shitty being separated all the time and we're both sick of it. I've been living in an apartment with my dad this whole time, which sucks when you're a 29 year old married woman. This Christmas, Anthony and I will have been together for 6 years and spent 0 of them living together. It's time.

3. I will finally complete my dream to see all the provinces and territories by the time I'm 30 (which I will turn in May 2016). The only place left is the Yukon. We haven't finalized a month yet but it'll be spring or summer. I am so excited. I don't know when I decided on this goal of mine but it's been so much fun. I've been to several of the places with Anthony and we will finish up the country together, which has made this whole thing that much sweeter. Speaking of Anthony, he has been so supportive of this mission which I truly appreciate. I don't know how many people would willingly go to a random place like Newfoundland for their honeymoon just because their spouse was on a mission to see the whole country. If I do end up moving to Michigan in 2016, it'll be the perfect way to finish up my time living in Canada.

4. I should, should be getting my braces off in spring or summer. Can't. Friggin. Wait. As you are well-aware, this has been a long and painful journey for me. What I thought was just crooked teeth turned out to require two surgeries and (probably) 2 years of braces. I am so ready to move on from this chapter of my life.

5. Tentatively I am planning to go to Mardi Gras in New Orleans with a couple of friends, another of whom is also turning 30 next year. I think it'd be a great (if not debaucherous) way to celebrate leaving our twenties behind.

6. As I mentioned a few days ago, I am registered for a 30k race in Hamilton in April. My plan this time is to incorporate strength training into my running schedule so I don't injure myself, unlike when I did the half marathon in 2014 with a pulled groin (not fun).

That's it so far, what I can remember. I am sufficiently tired now from writing these two posts so I'm going to go relax and put away three loads of laundry!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE NOTE: ALL COMMENTS WITH LINKS TO MEDICAL PRACTICES AND OTHER BUSINESSES WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY AND MARKED AS SPAM. Advertisements are not tolerated on this blog. Go away.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...