Tuesday, November 17, 2015

NaBloPoMo Day 17: Mish-mash

Today was supposed to be about cake decorating but I have no clue what to say about it! I apologize if you were looking forward to this entry. If you do want to read about my experiences decorating cakes, check out my cake decorating tag.

I don't really know what I want to write about today instead. How about just a random mish-mash of things?

I read something lately about feeling accomplished with oneself and I realized it had been awhile since I felt accomplished. About a month or two ago, one of my car's headlights burned out. I was going to take it in to Ford when my coworkers pretty much forbid me from doing so "because it's so easy to do yourself." So I bought a bulb and looked on the Internet how to replace it. It turns out that with Ford Fiestas, it's not quite as easy as larger vehicles. But with some help from a coworker, we replaced both headlights and I was happy about it. Then last night one of my rear turn signals burned out, and I wanted to fix it myself, without help. The tail lights were much easier to access and I got it replaced in under 10 minutes. I realize it's a minor thing, but I was proud of myself. I love not spending money when it's unnecessary.

More potential accomplishments tonight: lately I've been smelling -- or thinking I'm smelling -- bread baking in my apartment hallway. I've never made bread before but the smell finally got to me so now I am currently waiting for some dough to rise. I really want to finish off this night with some fresh bread. My parents used to make bread in a breadmaker when I was a kid. IMO, fresh homemade bread is one of life's greatest pleasures.

On Thursday I have an appointment to get a microdermabrasion done. I picked up some skin care treatment gift certificates in a local auction and I'm excited about them. I think I have pretty decent skin but there's always room for improvement.

Anthony and I are almost done the paperwork for to petition for me to get a green card, and we are planning to mail it in next week. It's exciting and scary all at the same time, because I have no guarantee that I will have transferred to Windsor by the time I have the visa in hand (probably a year from now). We've been waiting a long time for my work to move me, but eventually we have to get on with our lives. Being married and living apart has gotten really old.

Along a similar line, I've been tossing around ideas for my future American citizenship party. It'll be years before it happens; 2019 at the earliest. I will probably be more excited to plan that party than our wedding, haha. But clear your calendars between 2019 and 2020 now, if you don't mind. There will be apple pie, McDonalds food, plastic weaponry, and miniature American flags for some.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE NOTE: ALL COMMENTS WITH LINKS TO MEDICAL PRACTICES AND OTHER BUSINESSES WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY AND MARKED AS SPAM. Advertisements are not tolerated on this blog. Go away.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...