Tuesday, November 17, 2015

NaBloPoMo Day 16: My favourite recipes

Truth be told, I am not much of a cook. But I try, and I've come a long way in the past 7 years or so. I still need to follow a recipe; I can't just wing it when it comes to making things. That said, I love to bake and am a much better baker than I am a cook.

Anyway, here are some of my favourite recipes from over the years:

Simple Banana Bread I don't know when I first made this recipe, but the date on that blog is 2005, so perhaps sometime around then. I have made this so many times, probably 30 times. I even made it yesterday! It is the only banana bread recipe I use and it almost always comes out perfectly. I like it because it's so simple, and you can customize it if you so desire (I like to add chocolate chips).

Boilermaker Tailgate Chili. I found this recipe a few years ago and it is amazing. I even won our chili cookoff at work last month with this recipe. A few people have even told me this chili has ruined all other chili for them. It has a great texture and a nice, balanced flavour.

This is my favourite cookbook: Busy People's Low-Fat Cookbook. I got this in 2008 because everything has 7 ingredients or fewer. I don't want to violate copyright laws so I'm not going to copy out any of the recipes from it, but suffice it to say, this is a great cookbook if you're a beginner cook. The recipes are not the healthiest (low fat isn't necessarily healthier for you), but they are quick and easy. I have made several recipes from this and my favourite is probably the Banana Butterscotch Drops.

Simple Mac & Cheese:
Combine 2 cups each water and macaroni with 1 cup milk and 1 tbsp butter in a large saucepan. Cook on medium heat 15 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring frequently.

Do not drain. Stir in 2 cups grated cheddar cheese (I like marble). Optional: 1/4 grated Parmesan cheese. Stir until melted.

I got this from the back of a cheese package a long time ago and it has ruined Kraft Dinner for me!

Rice Krispies Mini Footballs (or squares). I use Cocoa Krispies and they are delicious. 

No Bake Oreo Truffles. Don't make these, because people will beg you forever after to make them again. They are too easy so if you decide to ignore my advice, make a lot of them. Then make more! They are a great gift if you put them in a nice container with some mini candy cups. Totally pro. 

Chocolate Brownie Mug Cake. I make this constantly when I'm doing the low carb diet thing. It keeps me sane!

The Best Buttercream Icing. There's a reason it's called the best!

Peanut Butter Buckeye Pretzel Bites For awhile, this was my most requested re-do from people. They are a little time consuming but addictive.

Cheesy Hamburger Broccoli Casserole. I have made this several times and it's always delicious. The photo on the site doesn't do it justice!

Ham Sham Spud Casserole. This is another low carb casserole and it's delicious.

Campbell's Cheesy Chicken and Rice Casserole. This is one of the first casseroles I ever made. I don't generally eat rice anymore so I haven't made this in awhile, but it's a good recipe. I like to cut the chicken up into smaller pieces.

Cookies n Cream Oreo Fudge Brownies. You will enjoy every moment of your decline into diabetes with this recipe.

Popcorn Cake. Yup, you read right. I've only made this once but holy smokes was it ever easy and delicious. I brought it to a BBQ and left empty-handed. Its unusualness makes it all the more appealing. 

Simple Spinach Dip. I make this once or twice a year. It's dead simple to make and always gets eaten up quickly!


So now that I've given away all my state secrets, please tell me one of your tried, tested, and true recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE NOTE: ALL COMMENTS WITH LINKS TO MEDICAL PRACTICES AND OTHER BUSINESSES WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY AND MARKED AS SPAM. Advertisements are not tolerated on this blog. Go away.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...