Tuesday, August 24, 2010

30 Day Meme: Day 9

I have returned from Toronto. It was great to see Tori again, especially considering we hadn't really gotten a chance to hang out since we were both home for Christmas.

I was successful in locating a Beaver Tail and it was SO GOOD! I almost forgot just how delicious they are. I also bought some Tiny Tom donuts which, if you know what I'm talking about, you're probably drooling over right now, too.

It amazes me that so many people derive pleasure from living in Toronto but I guess the same could be said about me and living in Nunavut. I just don't see what's so great about having to sit on public transit for an hour to get to a mall or to your place of work. Tori lives pretty central downtown so transportation wasn't too bad and she was within walking distance of all the places I would probably ever go to. But still, I'm much happier to hop in my car and drive on uncrowded streets to uncrowded places. But that's just me and many things have been said about me, haha.

Anyhoo, as I like to say...onto the meme!


Day 09 – Your beliefs, in great detail

In a nutshell, I believe everybody should do as they please, granted it doesn't harm others or break the law.

To get into the more specific areas of belief, as for politics I would consider myself liberal. I don't really feel the need to go into this further as most people understand what it means to be liberal.

As for religion, I do not subscribe to any specific faith. I would consider myself agnostic but spiritual. I believe there is something bigger than all of us but that is beyond human intelligence to know what it is and that we are not meant to know what comes after death and whether we are being watched or judged. I believe in karma and that the best thing you can do in life is be kind to others and uphold the golden rule. I think everybody eventually gets what they deserve and that the universe has a way of restoring balance.

When it comes to other religions, I am respectful and tolerant. I admire piety in others and feel those who devote their lives to serving God (or whatever) are inspiring.

Well, that's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE NOTE: ALL COMMENTS WITH LINKS TO MEDICAL PRACTICES AND OTHER BUSINESSES WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY AND MARKED AS SPAM. Advertisements are not tolerated on this blog. Go away.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...