Thursday, September 6, 2012

Back in the Saddle

Well, I'm back apparently! Due to (a lack of) popular demand, I decided to start blogging again. I've missed it this past 14 months.

My big motivation to restart my blog is that this fall, I'm taking several hobby classes and I know I'm going to want to take photos and write about what I'm making. Jaime's learning skills!

First, a little catch up. Chances are if you're reading this, you already know me. But if not, this is what I've been up to...

-I'm still living with my dad in Sarnia, still working at the same place. I was supposed to be transferred to Windsor this spring but it was put on hold until next year. This is actually fine by me, but I'm just hoping they still want to/can hire me next year. It's been a big source of stress for me not knowing what's around the corner.

-Anthony and I are still together and going strong. We went to Seattle earlier this year with some of his friends and it was fun. Our 3rd anniversary is coming up which is just bonkers. I can't believe how fast time is flying but I guess it means I'm having fun!


Seattle Pike Place Market

-In July, I went back to Iqaluit for 2 weeks. It was very surreal at first but once the weirdness wore off, I realized the place hadn't changed at all. I had been missing Nunavut pretty hard before my trip but now that I've been back, I feel much more settled in Ontario. I feel more appreciative now of the things I have access to down here. When I first moved back, I was mostly appreciative of cheap groceries and 24-hour businesses. Now I'm appreciative of access to cheap everything in Michigan and Chipotle. Yes, Chipotle, but really, any giant burrito will do. Gotta have my burritos now. I blame Anthony for my crippling addiction.


One of the highlights of my Iqaluit trip, The Snack!

-I've also been to Toronto several times since you last heard from me. Most recently, my best friend, Tori, and I went to the Canadian National Exhibition. I recently had a matricectomy so I was a little miserable until I bought some Teva sandals. Despite my only having 9 toenails, we had a blast. I even got to buy Tori her first ever deep-fried Oreos. She probably wishes she never let me force her to try them. If you've ever had them, you know what I'm talking about. Those suckers are addictive.


The CNE

So that's about all. In my next entries, I'll focus more on the future of this blog, which I'm excited about and hopefully you are too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE NOTE: ALL COMMENTS WITH LINKS TO MEDICAL PRACTICES AND OTHER BUSINESSES WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY AND MARKED AS SPAM. Advertisements are not tolerated on this blog. Go away.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...