Tuesday, September 25, 2012

In the Midst of Things

Whew, things are getting busy! Tonight I start my beginners quilt class but I also need to find time to prepare for my third cake decorating class. In the meantime, I finished my first knitting project. Wow does football ever afford a lot of time to knit! If you know my boyfriend Anthony at all, you can probably imagine all the things I'll have time to make!

This was supposed to be a blanket but I made it far too wide and didn't have enough yarn to compensate. I didn't make this how you would normally make a scarf, either. The entire length of the scarf was on my knitting needle! Rookie mistake. At least I'll know better for next time. I loved this ball of yarn but it wasn't very good quality. I'm surprised it didn't ever rip on me but it came pretty close on some stitches.


THIS!! is what I'm going to be making in quilting class, but with my own choice of fabric. They showed this to me yesterday and I immediately said, "I'm going to make that?!" Right now I'm not sure I believe it yet!

This the fabric I'll be using. I laid them out so you can see what part of the above quilt they'll be used for. The brown will be the wide border and one of the rail swatches, the green will be the small border, and the 3 remaining pieces will be the rail pieces. I apologize for the low quality of the photo, I do need to start taking photos with a real camera and in natural light.

Leah trying on the "blanket" that was supposed to be for her. She was none too impressed with me.


Leah says, "Here, use your new sewing machine and make me something else instead."
This is IKEA's sewing machine, Sy. I'm not a big fan of IKEA (gasp, sacrilege, I know) so the idea of buying a sewing machine made by them wasn't my first choice. But for $70, it's hard to beat the price tag. If I want something nicer later, at least I'll have better knowledge.

Leah has been working on several of her own projects, namely, destroying her brand new toys.

Taking a break after the "kill."

This is my next knitting project! I'm going to make a patchwork/checkerboard afghan. I haven't learned any new stitches yet so it's just going to be the regular knit stitch. I was told to do a few projects before attempting to learn more so that's what I intend to do. I couldn't decide on 2 colours so I went with the easy choice, University of Michigan colours.


I am starting to feel a little too busy now that I have 2 classes this week but I'm excited nonetheless. I'm not sure my sewing class in October is going to happen as I have the inside scoop that I'm still the only person signed up. My mom might take it with me but the store requires at least 4 participants.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE NOTE: ALL COMMENTS WITH LINKS TO MEDICAL PRACTICES AND OTHER BUSINESSES WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY AND MARKED AS SPAM. Advertisements are not tolerated on this blog. Go away.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...