Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Bulk Barn Pumpkin Spice Muffins

Alright, here we go. My first recipe post! Keep in mind that I am in no way some kind of creator of recipes, I just post recipes I've found.

I love Bulk Barn. Seriously. I think it's one of the best parts about being Canadian. I have not found a comparable store in the States. Anthony insists I take him to Bulk Barn whenever he comes to Sarnia and I'm always happy to oblige. On Monday I took a trip to Bulk Barn to pick up ingredients for the cake I'm decorating in class on Thursday. Besides bulk food, Bulk Barn also sells a large assortment of Wilton items and British foods. I always leave Bulk Barn with a few extra items that weren't on my list.

On Monday I discovered their pumpkin spice loaf/muffin mix. I've been saying that I want to make as many pumpkin-flavoured items as possible this autumn and a simple muffin mix seemed like a good way to start. So without further ado...

Bulk Barn Pumpkin Spice Muffins


Ingredients:
2 3/4 cups Bulk Barn Pumpkin Spice Loaf Mix
1 cup water
1/3 cup canola oil
2 eggs


Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease loaf or muffin pan.
2. Pour mix into a large mixing bowl. Add water, oil, and eggs.
3. Mix for 2 minutes either by hand or with a mixer. If by hand, be sure to get all the lumps out.
4. Pour batter into pan. Bake in centre of oven for 40-45 minutes or for muffins, 20 minutes.
5. Check for doneness by inserting a toothpick in the centre; it will come out clean when done.
6. Wait 10 minutes before removing from pan.
7. Enjoy with a glass of milk or apple cider.

Yield: 1 loaf or 12-15 muffins (depending how high you fill the muffin cups)

They look a little wonky because there was a little too much batter for 12 muffins but I was too lazy to do another batch.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this. I bought the mix and lost the little info sheet and didn't know what I needed to do. They are in the oven, I'm sure they will turn out great.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto for me too! I actually had to call my Bulk Barn and ask them to look up the sku because I couldn't remember what I bought and lost the recipe card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. kudos to people like u jaime that post theses things i couldnt remember where i had the instructions for the loaf mix i had bought at bulkbarn but thanx i can now make some halloween muffins now if i can only find the oven !!!

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: ALL COMMENTS WITH LINKS TO MEDICAL PRACTICES AND OTHER BUSINESSES WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY AND MARKED AS SPAM. Advertisements are not tolerated on this blog. Go away.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...