Sunday, July 10, 2011

Monthly Update

It's quarter to 12 (midnight) on a work night. What better time to blog, right?

1. It's been far too long without a vehicle lesson for me. I feel the eerie silence before a storm. I did forget to write about the time when I was filling up with gas in Ann Arbor before driving home. I had been reading my car's owner's manual and it said that when filling the tank, you can let the nozzle click off twice before needing to stop. So I was happily pouring liquid gold into my car (sorry, I mean gas) and it clicked off. I, so responsibly having read the manual and knowing I could keep going, gripped the nozzle again. All of a sudden, gas started leaking out the bottom of the car. That's when I discovered there's a trap door in gas tanks to prevent them from over-filling. I wasn't happy seeing like 75 cents of gas on the cement and not you know, in my gas tank.

Other than that, the Fiesta's been smooth sailing.


2. I have joined the legions of people who jog outside. I started about 2 weeks ago and I absolutely love it. I've been running on a treadmill since 2007. In 2009 I got really good, but fell off the wagon in 2010. Now that I'm back at it, I find it depressing constantly comparing my runs to 2009. Outside, I don't care. I'm distracted and there's a breeze and I can't just get off the treadmill and stop, I at least have to walk home. My knees also don't hurt as much (which isn't how it's supposed to work) and I can actually keep a faster pace than I can on a treadmill. I'm glad something exciting came along to my running, because I was starting to give up and assume I'll never get back to where I used to be in 2009. Ten minute miles seem like a lifetime ago.


3. This summer has been insanely busy. I've been to 2 weddings already (including one in Hawaii!) and have 2 more to go. I've decided that "open bar" is the best phrase in the English language.

Aside from weddings, last weekend I drove to Ottawa for Canada Day and to visit an old friend. I don't see this friend very often; the second-last time we hung out was December 2009. After 2 bottles of wine, we decided we wanted tattoos. Nothing in Ottawa was open at the time but we vowed to get those tattoos. A year and a half later, we finally got them.

This weekend I drove to Toronto for another friend's birthday. I told myself in Nunavut that whenever I moved down south, I would start wearing cuter shoes and clothes. I've succeeded, but it comes at a price. The price of blisters on my toes. As someone who wore sneakers and loafers until the age of 24, this is all new to me. I bought a pair of like 6 inch wedges today. I feel like I am officially a woman.

4. Everything else is going very well. The car (as I mentioned), the job, the boyfriend, the personal training. I've been playing road hockey this summer too, though my hectic schedule seems to always get in the way. I have discovered I quite enjoy hockey and that I want to continue with ice hockey in the winter. It's about time, I probably win the award for Oldest Canadian to Pick Up a Hockey Stick for the First Time.

5. Oh yes, Hawaii. Amazing. Spectacular. Relaxing. Fragrant. What I loved about Hawaii the most is how happy everyone is. Runner-up is how great everything smells. It literally is paradise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE NOTE: ALL COMMENTS WITH LINKS TO MEDICAL PRACTICES AND OTHER BUSINESSES WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY AND MARKED AS SPAM. Advertisements are not tolerated on this blog. Go away.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...