Monday, September 10, 2012

Things I've Made

One of my favourite things to do is to bake goodies! I have a huge sweet tooth which I can never seem to satisfy. I've never been much of a cook (working on it) but I have always loved to make desserts.

I'd like to start sharing some of the things I make, whether it be a dessert or not. For me when it comes to cooking, the work has to be worth the pay off. I am not one for recipes with a million ingredients. I like my recipes simple. I buy cookbooks that promise a single digit number of ingredients "or less." I Google "easy" before the name of the recipe I want. Any recipe I write about will be easy to follow, with easy-to-find, low-cost ingredients. I am also not a photographer and take my food photos with my iPhone camera. This will not be some fancy-dancy cooking blog, there are plenty of those already (and thank god). I'd say this ain't your mother's cooking blog, but yeah, it probably will be. I'm into simple comfort food, not gourmet and exotic dishes. I aim to make things easy enough to be incorporated into a regular rotation.

Now that we have that out of the way, here's a sampling of some of things I've made recently!

Peanut butter rice krispie footballs, chocolate football cake, University of Michigan cookies

Bacon cheddar deviled eggs...they had been sitting out for awhile at this point so they got kind of melty

Bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit muffin things

Peanut butter truffles and Oreo truffles (Anthony's Valentine's gift)

S'mores cookies

Chocolate-covered gingers (my mom's birthday gift, her favourite)

Leah Maria's Tijuana Lager (Vienna lager made with my Mr. Beer kit)

Basic cupcakes (first time doing a swirl top, why didn't I do this earlier?!)

Family tradition, "chocolate log" AKA old school icebox cake.

Peanut butter pretzel sandwiches, dipped in chocolate (a lot of work but so worth it)


I've made lots of other stuff but I don't always take photos. Out of all these things, I get bugged the most to make the pretzels and the Oreo truffles again. Last year I gave out the Oreo truffles as a Christmas present and I plan to do that again. I'm planning to make everyone a goody basket of Christmas treats. I'm looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE NOTE: ALL COMMENTS WITH LINKS TO MEDICAL PRACTICES AND OTHER BUSINESSES WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY AND MARKED AS SPAM. Advertisements are not tolerated on this blog. Go away.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...