Monday, September 17, 2012

Nesting

Monday again! The weekend went by way too fast. Fortunately my weeks have been going by quickly too, especially since I've been baking so much.

I've noticed that every fall, I go into this nesting phase. I don't know how else to describe it. It's like my normally dormant maternal instincts come out and all I want to do is cook, clean, and make things for people. Now that Pinterest is a part of life, my pinning has gone into high gear this September.

I have another funny story. As you may remember, last Tuesday was my knitting class. My late grandmother used to be quite the crafts lady. It seemed like she knew how to do everything. Knit, quilt, crochet, cross-stitch, latch hook, everything. As a kid I was never into these crafts, despite her trying to teach me. While knitting my blanket for Leah (which is slow going because I've been so busy), I've been wondering to myself what Nana would say if she knew I was learning to knit. 

Anyway, my Nana was a big fan of Mary Maxim, a store here in Ontario that specializes in needlework crafts. I had completely forgotten all about the existence of Mary Maxim until Wednesday, when their Christmas catalogue arrived in my mailbox, addressed to me. I'd never received a Mary Maxim catalogue before and I don't know how they got my name. But seeing the familiar logo, I instantly thought of my Nana. What a coincidence that it arrived the day after my introduction to the needlework world. If I was more religious, I'd have to wonder if it was a message from Nana.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE NOTE: ALL COMMENTS WITH LINKS TO MEDICAL PRACTICES AND OTHER BUSINESSES WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY AND MARKED AS SPAM. Advertisements are not tolerated on this blog. Go away.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...