Friday, September 17, 2010

30 Day Meme: Day 24

This morning I woke up before 10am which is a pretty big achievement. I've been trying to get myself out of bed earlier but for a night owl sleepaholic like me, it's extremely difficult. At that moment after I've punched the alarm, I can come up with about 50 different rationalizations as for why I should sleep another hour. Even worse, the earlier the alarm, the more likely I'll shut it off without ever waking up. There are numerous times that I've woken up and realized I'd been hitting the snooze button in my sleep and I've now made myself very late.

But anyway, it's 8am and I have the whole day ahead of me.

Last night I decided to install LeechBlock onto Firefox. It's an add-on that helps you be more productive by blocking the websites you waste the most time on. You tell it what websites you want to block and when and it does it. Also, it's not as easy as just going in and changing the settings, either. I've set it so I can't get even get into the settings anymore without having to enter a 64 random character password (e.g. s56ui645yghwiuhht5wilughfo257yot8rfhi) and I've set it so I'm not allowed to edit the settings during the times websites are blocked.

I look forward to seeing if this helps me because I waste A LOT of time on the Internet. Anthony and I were talking about this the other day and he said if someone counted up all the hours he's ever spent mindlessly surfing the Internet, he would be embarrassed to hear the number. I agree. For me, so much of my life has been wasted on Facebook. I don't even really like Facebook but I'm on it all the time.

I'm off to Ann Arbor and Atlanta until next Sunday so it'll be awhile before LeechBlock can really make a difference.


Day 24 – Something that makes you cry, in great detail

This kind of ties in with Day 22's post. I mentioned roadkill and the idea of someone's pet dying upsets me. Well, when I was 15 the cat I'd had since I was 5, Tiger wasn't doing very well. She had always been overweight and it had taken its toll on her health. In October my family decided the best thing to do was have her put down. I went with my mom and sister to Blue Cross and I remember none of us could stop crying. I decided I would be in the room with Tiger when they put her down so that I could be the last thing she'd see. To say it broke my heart is a vast understatement as it's 9 years later and I can't help becoming moved to tears every time I think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE NOTE: ALL COMMENTS WITH LINKS TO MEDICAL PRACTICES AND OTHER BUSINESSES WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY AND MARKED AS SPAM. Advertisements are not tolerated on this blog. Go away.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...