Thursday, September 16, 2010

30 Day Meme: Day 23

Another successful day Geocaching today (Wednesday)! I found 6 which is my biggest yield in one day. Admittedly I had some help from a new Geocaching friend, AKA my Geosavior. My sister is friends with a guy here in Sarnia who has found pretty much all there is to find in Sarnia. He told me I could text him for hints when I'm out so I did just that. I'm not sure if I'll always want help but while I'm new and still learning the ropes, I figure it's not so bad to have some help.

I hid my second cache tonight and I am hoping it passes inspection to be published publicly. There are numerous guidelines and rules to follow and my last cache had to be moved due to a saturation restriction.

Anyhoo, it was a semi-successful day at the gym as well. I was lying in bed tonight talking to Anthony on the phone and when I got up, I felt tightness in my glutes and chest. Already! Tomorrow should be interesting if I already hurt now.

Here is another meme which I'm sure will further expose my girlishness.

Day 23 – Something that makes you feel better, in great detail

When I am having a bad day or feeling low, there are only 2 things I want: white wine and a hot bath. Better yet, both at the same time. Even better- add some bubbles, add a good book and my bad day is becomes "what bad day?"

They say different kinds of alcohol don't mean anything to your body and you get intoxicated all the same, but for me there is definitely something to white wine. A glass or two in and I can't stop smiling. Maybe it's just how much I love white wine, but it makes everything all better. My drink of choice is actually Bacardi and Coke, but it doesn't have quite the same effect a tall glass of chardonnay does.

Sometimes in Iqaluit I would feel bored or lonely and so I would take myself out on a date. I would go see a movie at Astro Theatre and then come home and luxuriate myself in a hot bubble bath with a glass of wine. And I'll tell you, I looked forward to those nights.

Well, I get upset over roadkill and need a bath with wine to make me feel better. How much girlier can I get? Haha.

P.S. If you're wondering what my favourite wines here, here are some of my beloveds:
-Yellow Tail Chardonnay. A good go-to wine and is readily available.
-Wild Wines raspberry zinfandel. Not white wine but so, so yummy!
-Willm Rieling Reserve. My absolute favourite but I can't seem to find it here. I need to conduct a better search. (EDIT: just found out the liquor store near the mall has it. That's comin' home with me ASAP!)

I am always open to wine suggestions. I have pretty cheap taste in wine and have probably never tried truly "good" stuff.

1 comment:

  1. If you and Anthony want to take a road trip sometime, there are some good small wineries along Lake Erie. There are a bunch from Erie PA to Buffalo NY, look for the wine trail signs. There is also a load of them in the finger lakes region of New York. Grab a B+B and tour wineries, could be a good time.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: ALL COMMENTS WITH LINKS TO MEDICAL PRACTICES AND OTHER BUSINESSES WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY AND MARKED AS SPAM. Advertisements are not tolerated on this blog. Go away.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...