Friday, September 3, 2010

30 Day Meme: Day 16

Very shortly I am departing for Ann Arbor to spend the long weekend with Anthony. I'll be going to my very first University of Michigan football game in The Big House. With 110 000 other people. If I don't get trampled, I'll try to take a photo.

I have become the new American product scavenger for my family. Since I spend so much time in the USA these days, I often have to bring back stuff for my family. This time it's pickles and Danish liqueur. I don't really have any loved American favourites other than maybe White Castle and Mrs. Fields' Cookies.


Day 16 – Your first kiss, in great detail

It was almost exactly 10 years ago. It was Friday, September 15, 2000. I had just started grade 9 and one week in, I had my first boyfriend, A. I think it was on the Monday of that week that I was passed a note in Geography class. "Do you want to go out with A?" I wrote back, "Yes," and that was it. We were boyfriend girlfriend! On that Friday, we went to his grandparents' house after school. His mom was away in Hawaii for vacation. A promised me that we'd go to Hawaii together after graduation. Sitting on his makeshift bed on the floor in his grandparents' spare bedroom, A gave me a shoulder rub and then kissed me. I remember almost every detail. A then told me he loved me. I don't think I returned the sentiment.

Ah, young love. A and I did not end up dating very long as a few weeks later, he became interested in my best friend, Tori. Keeping with our ways, I wrote him a note in French class saying we were over. I think Madame may have confiscated it before A could read it, but he knew what was up. We were no longer going steady.

A and I are still friends to this day. I ended up getting involved with theatre partly because of him and later became friends with his grandparents and his mom through the theatre.

Wow, 10 years. Where does time go?

1 comment:

  1. it's true, I am way cooler than you.

    Bring me coconut m&ms!!!!!! (if you can find them). I'll give you my first born if you do.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: ALL COMMENTS WITH LINKS TO MEDICAL PRACTICES AND OTHER BUSINESSES WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY AND MARKED AS SPAM. Advertisements are not tolerated on this blog. Go away.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...