Tuesday, September 7, 2010

30 Day Meme: Day 17

Good day, I am writing this entry from Ann Arbor. I've been here since Friday. It's been a good weekend! Well, I did not get trampled at Michigan Stadium despite the record-breaking crowd. There were 113 090 people in The Big House, which broke NCAA records.

So what do 113 090 people in one place look like? Something like this:


The "UC" on the field is UConn's marching band.

It was a long day full of football. We got up really early and went for breakfast. Then we went tailgating before the game, then we watched the game, then we came home and watched football on TV for the rest of the night. I'm surprised I didn't say "Go blue!" in my sleep.

On Sunday we went a Labor Day bocce tournament at the parents' of one of Anthony's friends. It was a lot of fun! I'd never played bocce before but I ended up doing pretty well. I made it to the quarter finals before Anthony beat me. :( Some of the other people at bocce mentioned their shoulders hurt but the balls were so light I didn't think much of it. On Monday when I woke up, I could barely turn my neck! My upper back was extremely sore, even after Advil and shoulder rubs. Today I went downtown to get a professional massage and it helped a lot. I wish I could have gone yesterday, but my back was almost too sore to touch. It was nuts. I am too young for this!


Day 17 – Your favorite memory, in great detail

This is kind of a ridiculous question. There is no single point in my life I would call my favourite so I'm just going to have to pick something decent.

When I was a kid, my family went on a few trips to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. My dad had friends who owned a condominium in Pawley's Island, which is about 20 minutes from Myrtle Beach.

One afternoon my mom and I were sitting in the living room of the condo watching Rescue 911 on TV. It was a special episode about a bad hurricane that had hit South Carolina a few years earlier. The episode had clips from news reports, weather shows and frantic phone calls from people whose homes had been hit. While watching a clip from a news report warning people to immediately vacate the area, my dad walked in the front door. He stopped in his tracks when he heard what was on TV. Thinking it was real from that day, his face dropped and he shouted something along the lines of, "#$%^$#@ WE NEED TO LEAVE NOW!!!!" It was probably the funniest thing I've ever witnessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE NOTE: ALL COMMENTS WITH LINKS TO MEDICAL PRACTICES AND OTHER BUSINESSES WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY AND MARKED AS SPAM. Advertisements are not tolerated on this blog. Go away.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...