Monday, December 30, 2013

11 Days Post-Surgery

11 days since surgery...where is the time going? After this entry, I probably wait until Day 14, then Day 21, and once a week unless something else is going on (e.g. braces on).

I feel like my progress has essentially stopped since about Boxing Day. My facial numbness hasn't changed, swelling seems to have levelled off, bruising is slowly fading, pain is about the same.

The majority of my pain now is the incision line, holy crap. Either the left or the right side is always stinging. Last night I made the mistake of being careless while I put on a hoodie and my incision hurt the rest of the night.

I'm able to go without pain killers now, especially since they don't do anything for the incision anyway.

I've also been able to eat soft foods, although I'm still pretty limited. I've eaten an entire thing of ice cream in the past few days, yum. My weight has gone back up to what it was pre-surgery and my energy levels are pretty good.

I am a little frustrated that progress feels like it's at a standstill. I guess I got used to seeing big differences from day to day, but obviously things never stay at that pace. I'm okay with the facial numbness, but I really want the incision stinging to go away. Part of the problem is that my nose is constantly runny and it's right under my nostil where the incision is, so it's always being rubbed (albeit very very lightly). When your face stings, it makes you feel miserable.

I do feel some progress with my facial muscles, it's getting easier to smile. Laughing still hurts, though. We had some people over the other night for the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl and I needed to take 3 Tylenol 3s because I laughed WAY too much and my incision was killing me! I felt extra swollen the next morning. Stupid funny friends! :-)

Looking more or less normal except for a little bit of swelling and some light bruising (not covered in makeup here)


I don't get why I look so porky from this angle, I'm starting to think it's a combination of where I store fat (my chin) and the swelling making me look bad. Bye bye jawline. I realize I've been taking photos in terrible lighting, it does make the bruising harder to see.


8 turns done, 9 turns left to go


Smile looking less pathetic...happy to show off my new Michigan pullover



Before (left) and after (right) 8 turns.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE NOTE: ALL COMMENTS WITH LINKS TO MEDICAL PRACTICES AND OTHER BUSINESSES WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY AND MARKED AS SPAM. Advertisements are not tolerated on this blog. Go away.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...