Saturday, December 28, 2013

9 Days Post-Surgery

The subtitle of this post should be In Pain and Tired of it!

The last few days, I've been in more pain than before, and it's pretty annoying. I've been taking it pretty easy the last few days: no driving, mostly just sitting on the couch all day. Granted I did spend 2 hours tidying up Anthony's house yesterday but it was nothing too vigorous.

Lately, I can feel the incision along my upper gum line and it feels irritated quite frequently, mostly on the left (less numb) side of my face. It feels like I have a canker sore that is always throbbing. Although laughing and smiling bothers it, yesterday I spent the day alone (i.e. no laughing at Anthony's antics) and it still ached. I read a blogger say their surgeon told them the incision can get irritated from the fact their jaw is widening while the wound is trying to heal.

My right lower eyelid has been stinging for about a day, too. My upper cheek bones are still numb and very sensitive to touch. Today we went out to TJ Maxx (our second home) and my nose felt like it was in a vice. I think it was my sinuses.

On top of all this, I tripped on the basement stairs yesterday and involuntarily clenched my jaw as I went down. There was a cracking sound and the back right side of my jaw was immediately sore, and still is a day later. Ugh. There was no extra pain when Anthony turned the key today so I don't think I did any actual damage.

To make all of this worse, I only have one Percocet left. I have my Tylenol 3s but as I mentioned before, they don't do anything for me. I took 2 about an hour ago and it had zero effect on me. Seriously. I'm not even drowsy, just continuing to be in pain.

Oh actually, on top of ALL of this, Mother Nature is reminding me that I failed to conceive a baby this month, too. Thaaaaaanks, Mother Nature. Although I have to say, I am impressed my body let go of 8lbs while simultaneously retaining water.

Speaking of my weight, it has not fluctuated at all in the past 3 days. It's been the exact same number, down to the decimal. If Anthony wasn't also weighing himself lately, I'd think the scale was broken.

I guess I'll quit my whining and do the usual photos. I've noticed that I can tell in my photo if I'm having a good pain day or not. I don't know if it's evident to other people, but I think I look worse when I'm having a bad day.

Very little swelling left from this view...and I must say, it's taxing holding my mouth closed like in the photo.

Still looking porky from the side. The bruising covers up easily with makeup, as seen in this photo.

The gap is getting big!
Here's a fun gif I made, starting with the day before surgery, up to today. 
Sorry, I should have put captions on each photo so you could see what day each one is. Also, I think it's hilarious how awful the day of and day after surgery photos are. Other bloggers have said what I'm about to say: I looked a lot worse than I actually felt.

1 comment:

PLEASE NOTE: ALL COMMENTS WITH LINKS TO MEDICAL PRACTICES AND OTHER BUSINESSES WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY AND MARKED AS SPAM. Advertisements are not tolerated on this blog. Go away.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...