Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Thanksgiving Weekend

Oops, has it been a week since I last posted? With no mandatory subject matter, I haven't had much to say.

Thanksgiving weekend was great! This was the first year I'd spent it in Sarnia with my family since 2004. I was still in high school then! My how things have changed.

On Saturday my brother and his fiancee came for a visit from Toronto. We had brunch here at my dad's with some other family members. My sister and I then went out geocaching and found 7 caches. We're/I'm now up to 31 found caches. It's starting to become easier and my "geosense" is definitely improving.

On Sunday, Anthony came up for a visit. We had turkey dinner at my mom's and then went to the Brigden Fair on Monday. I also hadn't been to that since 2004 and so it was a big treat. I love the Brigden Fair even if the rest of my family doesn't understand why. I'm a person who loves traditions and there are many traditions I've been deprived of because of living so far away. Every year I was away I missed the Brigden Fair. Anthony enjoyed himself and was happy to celebrate his first (but definitely not last!) Canadian Thanksgiving. I'll be celebrating my first American Thanksgiving next month and I'm certainly pumped about it.

Changing topics now, I got some very good job news on Thursday. I don't want to say anything yet since it's extremely preliminary but keep your fingers crossed for me. I've been unemployed for 3 months now and it's no picnic. I feel bad complaining about the fact I now sleep 10 hours a day and spend my time doing sweet FA but honestly, I'd much rather be working somewhere. I can't even look at my wallet without a wave of dread washing over me.

The weather is finally getting cooler, which couldn't make me any happier. I sleep with the window above my bed open and snuggle into the covers every time a draft hits my face. In Iqaluit, I used to like to keep the thermostat around 25C. I lived with a girl for awhile in Iqaluit who kept the thermostat between 15-18C and it was awful. I was cold all the time and I had nightmares every night. I'd wake up shivering even though I was underneath the covers. However, the tables have turned now that I live in Ontario. I'm hot all the time and I can't stand to sleep under the covers. My window is always open and I keep sneakily turning the thermostat down.

My body is a precarious thing. When it's cold, I get cold very easily and when it's warm, I start sweating profusely. I can't seem to find a happy medium anymore. Even as I type this, I'm fanning myself.

And let's not get started on the revival of my seasonal allergies. Do I miss Nunavut right now? More than you can imagine.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have a job lined up, Best of luck with that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes re employment!

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: ALL COMMENTS WITH LINKS TO MEDICAL PRACTICES AND OTHER BUSINESSES WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY AND MARKED AS SPAM. Advertisements are not tolerated on this blog. Go away.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...