Monday, October 18, 2010

J Plus 8

I had a great weekend in Michigan, although I'm STILL feeling the effects of drinking too much on Friday. I'm embarrassed to admit how much I actually drank, or rather, how much I DIDN'T drink. I'm not in Iqaluit anymore so I haven't been partying like, at all. It's true, I drank a lot when I lived up north. Since I moved back, I have been enjoying the occasional snifter of wine (I love the word "snifter") and mixed drinks, but never to excess. So I guess my liver has been healing since I moved down, because the ratio of how many drinks I had Friday compared to the intensity of my hangover just isn't me.

Of course, I think my pathetic ability to tolerate alcohol came of great amusement to Anthony's friends, as everyone knows I'm Canadian and somehow that's funny.

Saturday during the day was inevitably a write-off but I did make it out to Anthony's mom and fiance's house for their annual Halloween party. I went dressed as Kate Gosselin. Buycostumes.com actually sells a Kate Gosselin wig, so I was wearing that, sunglasses atop my head, and a sash of 8 dolls I had made. People were taking a bunch of photos of me so hopefully I can take something from Facebook and post it here.

So...I got some more good news about the job I mentioned in my last entry. Nothing is certain yet but keep your fingers crossed for me. I am getting soooo close to being gainfully employed but I still need Lady Luck (or maybe, if she exists, Lady Good Interview Skills).

Sorry there's not much else going on right now but things should start to pick up very soon.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my I totally want to steal your costume idea !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do it! It was very easy, which is why I did. I don't like spending massive amounts of money on costumes.

    However, I have since thought of a better costume. If you know who Antoine Dodson is, please PLEASE go as him for Halloween! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. Here is the link to the wig! http://www.buycostumes.com/Eight-Is-Too-Much-Adult-Wig/65620/ProductDetail.aspx

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: ALL COMMENTS WITH LINKS TO MEDICAL PRACTICES AND OTHER BUSINESSES WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY AND MARKED AS SPAM. Advertisements are not tolerated on this blog. Go away.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...