Tuesday, October 5, 2010

30 Day Meme: Day 29

One day left!

Today I made it to a class at the YMCA for the first time since December. I always want to go to classes, but I never ended up making it on time. Today I thought I was going to be another such day. I got home from physiotherapy at 11:30am, quickly grabbed my stuff and ran back out the door and jumped in my car. I may or may not have driven way over posted speed limits. I was especially in a hurry as I really needed to use the bathroom, too. I dashed inside the YMCA and realized I had 10 whole minutes to change. Yay!

So I did a Muscle Works class. I went to one back in December with Tori and man was I ever sore the next day! I was in good shape back in December so I found the class more difficult this time. I was struggling to keep up and sweat was pouring down my face from just the warm-up! Muscle Works is a strength training class where you use small dumbbells, a towel, and an aerobics step to tone your muscles. It is certainly a slap in the face when you're about thisclose to dying and the 60-year-olds in the class aren't even breaking a sweat.

2010 has been a very disappointing year as far as my level of fitness is concerned. Last year I was so focused on passing the RCMP physical test. After I failed it in January and hurt myself in the process, I had to take some time off from the gym to recover. I could barely walk up the stairs in my apartment without getting out of breath. After that, the confidence I had gained from getting into shape totally shattered and I didn't want to look at myself in the mirror anymore. I stopped my hardcore gym routine and dragged myself to the gym maybe 2 or 3 times a month, where I could see my abilities were quickly declining. Watching myself get worse at exercises made me want to avoid the gym even more.

It's been a pretty crazy year with all of the restaurant and junk food I've been eating and all the time I haven't spent working out. It's lead to me gaining 15lbs and starting back at square 1 with weights and running. It's so disappointing, I can't stop thinking about how fit I would have been had I not given up in February. Now I'm starting all over again. The quest to be healthy and trim is a never-ending road and quite honestly, I'm so sick of thinking about it. Anyway, maybe I can scrounge up something more positive to write about for the daily meme.

Day 29 – Your aspirations, in great detail

Maybe it's a bad thing, but I honestly never really think about my goals. I know how I want my life to be, but I never break it down into an itemized list of things I want to aspire to. Hmm, here goes.

#1. Keeping with the theme above, I would like to lose 20lbs and be in shape.

#2. Run a 10k marathon.

#3. Get married.

#4. Buy a house and decorate it.

#5. Buy a brand new car.

#6. Find 1000 geocaches.

#7. Help other people to get into shape and reach fitness goals.

#8. Go to college.

#9. Visit every province and territory in Canada before I'm 30. All that's left is Yukon, Saskatchewan, New Brunswick, and Newfoundland.

#10. Visit every US state before I die.

#11. Take a future niece/nephew/friend's kid to Disney World.

#12. Spend a week on some beach in the Caribbean and drink free cocktails all day long.

#13. Knit a blanket.

#14. Learn to play ice hockey and football.

Alright, that's all I can think of.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE NOTE: ALL COMMENTS WITH LINKS TO MEDICAL PRACTICES AND OTHER BUSINESSES WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY AND MARKED AS SPAM. Advertisements are not tolerated on this blog. Go away.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...