Thursday, June 25, 2015

2 Weeks Post-Op Double Jaw Surgery + Sliding Genioplasty

Wow, 2 weeks already! The first week felt like a lifetime, and the second week flew by.

I kept pretty busy over the last week. I've been trying to get out and do one normal person thing per day. This week I visited my mom, hung out with my sister, and saw some friends.

Today is the first day I woke up without any pain at all. The pain in my right TMJ is gone (woo hoo). I went all the way until about 5 or 6pm without taking anything. I went out to a store with my dad and the drive plus talking was enough to bring on some pain.

Nothing has really changed since the last time I wrote. From now on, I will likely only update once a week unless there's something else worth writing about.

There is now nowhere on my face that is 100% numb. My chin is probably 95% numb; I can slightly detect pressure on it, but it's very uncomfortable. It also throbs about 22 hours a day. My lower eyelids are about 90% numb; slightly more feeling than my chin but not much. My palate and gums are still numb as well, which is very odd when I drink something too hot. It burns my tongue and select areas at the back of my mouth, but that's it.

Still eating 3-4 times a day. I want to focus on eating slightly healthier things this week. I discovered how easy it is to make drinks out of donuts, brownies, and cinnamon buns. Not a good path to stay on. In total I've lost 7lbs, which is what I put on over the last 2 months knowing I'd be without my favourites for awhile.

One positive side of this surgery is that the skin on my face looks amazing. My nose has been very oily but my cheeks and forehead are clear and so much healthier looking than normal. My usual skincare regimen involves washing my face twice daily, using lotion after washing, and wearing makeup. Since surgery, I wash every other day (maybe once per day max) and use witch hazel 1-3 times. No makeup (except eye makeup) and no lotions.

Anyhoo, here are some photos and a video!


Pre-surgery left; today right. Wow, my nose is much wider, although I'm confident some of that will shrink when the swelling goes down a bit.


Greasy! The side is also more swollen.


Jawline is coming back on this side!


Pre-surgery vs last night. I still can't get over how good I look from the side now...and this is my more swollen side. Honestly, it makes me giddy when I see how different I look! It's already a big boost to my confidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE NOTE: ALL COMMENTS WITH LINKS TO MEDICAL PRACTICES AND OTHER BUSINESSES WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY AND MARKED AS SPAM. Advertisements are not tolerated on this blog. Go away.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...