Monday, June 15, 2015

Days 3 and 4 Post-Op Double Jaw Surgery + Sliding Genioplasty

Hello! I have made it through the better part of 4 days post-surgery.

Day 3 was brutal. I woke up with a bad taste in my mouth, and was having a hard time eating or drinking due to nausea and severe pain. In the early afternoon, the pain peaked and I ended up crying for awhile, which makes the pain and congestion so much worse.

The day is mostly a blur of weakness, nausea, and Netflix. I felt better briefly in the evening but the nausea came back in the evening. I had a good night's sleep but I felt pain when I woke up. I think I might need to start setting an alarm to take Ibuprofen or Percocet in the middle of the night.

This morning (day 4), I was even more nauseated, and could barely stand to swallow water. I decided to have some Gatorade and see if that would help. I lied on the recliner while the nausea escalated. I didn't vomit during SARPE so I figured I wouldn't this time either. Wrong. I got up and knew it was coming. Mentally, it's excruciating. Physically, it happened very quickly, and wasn't painful. I instantly felt better.

I lied on the recliner for a few hours, hoping my system would settle down. Anthony went out and got me some Gravol (antinauseant) and I have been doing much better since I started taking it. I drank an Ensure shake (from the bottle!) and had a small bowl of soup (with a spoon!).

I'm hoping I don't go downhill again because my gosh...no human being should have to go through what I just went through. If it means taking Gravol a few times a day for the next few days, I can live with that. I decided to stop taking my vitamins until I'm eating more and can stomach the pill salad a little better.

Getting some new tingling in my cheek. Jaw joints still feel sore. Some yellow bruising on my neck.

I think the swelling has gone down ever so slighty.

Here are some photos!




Bruising on my neck





I made another video as well:

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE NOTE: ALL COMMENTS WITH LINKS TO MEDICAL PRACTICES AND OTHER BUSINESSES WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY AND MARKED AS SPAM. Advertisements are not tolerated on this blog. Go away.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...