Thursday, November 7, 2013

Getting Fit, Progress Update #2

Lots of posts lately! Hope you're enjoying reading them as much as I'm enjoying writing them.

This felt like a really, really long month. I came face to face with the realization that I need more patience with weight loss. Sometimes I know it's going to take months, other times I get frustrated because time seems to have slowed down.


MEASUREMENTS
November 7 October 7 September 7Total Lost
Weight 135lbs 140lbs148lbs15 lbs*
Bust 34" 35"36"2"
Waist 28" 30"31"3"
Muffin top 36.5" 38"39"2.5"
Upper thigh 22" 23"24.5"2.5"
Belly35.5"???
*I started trying to lose weight on August 26, but I didn't start going low carb until September 6.

FOODS I ATE A LOT OF THIS MONTH
STEAK! Seriously, I'm in the middle of a top sirloin kick right now. My poor wallet.
Nuts (almonds mostly), pumpkin seeds, raspberries, brie, Babybel cheese, pepperettes, smokies, baby spinach, spinach salad, eggs (omelets galore)

This was definitely a protein-heavy month. I found myself constantly craving a big steak or eggs. It was interesting since in the past I've really only ever craved carbs, especially cake. I barely thought about carbs this month.


THIS MONTH'S VICTORIES
  • Some of my clothes are starting to get too big.
  • More people are noticing the weight loss, telling me it's very noticeable.
  • My favourite blouses from Dynamite fit nicely right now. I used to have to put double-sided tape between some of the buttons but now I can eat a big meal and they still aren't too tight.
  • I weighed myself less frequently
  • I beat my fitness goal during the month of October. I was active 18 of October's 31 days.
  • My running is finally improving...I've done a few 4-5 mile runs outside. I've also beat my old mile record, which is awesome!

THOUGHTS
  • I probably would have lost more weight this month had I not had so many cheat days. Thanksgiving, Halloween parties, Halloween candy...it all added up to me indulging in candy and sweets a bit more than I should have. I'm not too upset as I still want to indulge from time to time, but I think I do need to be a little more strict. I have very little self-control when there's junk food in front of me. I can rationalize the heck out of it before I'm even finished chewing.
  • I have a new found love of steak. I never really liked steak before but now a big, juicy medium rare steak could cure what ails me.
  • Drinking wine on a low carb diet is a really bad idea. Sugar hangover was very bad the next day. I don't know if everyone is like me, but sugary drinks make me pretty ill the next day. 
  • I started taking daily asthma medication (Singulair) at the end of September in order to control my exercise asthma. It started kicking in about mid-October. I feel a LOT better but still need my inhaler when I'm running.

GOALS FOR THE MONTH GOING FORWARD
  • I would really like to be down to 130lbs for Christmas. I know that now that I'm average weight for my height, that the weight will be slower to come off, probably getting slower each month. I need to be disciplined about candy/cheat treats if I want to make my goal.
  • My November goal is to exercise 9 times outside of my organized sports. 
  • I would like to focus a little more on strengthening my core.

Sorry, no photos...still feel a little weird about posting my half-naked self on the Internet. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE NOTE: ALL COMMENTS WITH LINKS TO MEDICAL PRACTICES AND OTHER BUSINESSES WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY AND MARKED AS SPAM. Advertisements are not tolerated on this blog. Go away.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...