Sunday, November 25, 2012

Sew Excited

This weekend I had the pleasure of visiting heaven on Earth. Hardly hyperbole.

I've been trying to find where the local quilt shops are in this area since they're the only place to buy premium fabric. I knew Ann Arbor had the Ann Arbor Sewing Center but I hadn't yet checked it out until yesterday.

As soon as I walked in, I knew I was in for a treat. The place is huge with over 6500 fabrics to choose from and every possible item you could want. Seriously, everything I've heard of, use, and/or want was there. Insul-bright batting, Mary Ellen's Best Press, Bernina accessories (they're a Bernina dealer, squee!), Amy Butler patterns, Moda jelly rolls, Master Piece thread, King Tut thread, Frixion pens, etc etc etc. Oh, and sewing classes. I'll be taking some of those next year for sure.

I walked around for over an hour, staring at everything. The whole time in there, all I could think was, "Oh my god oh my god...they have EVERYTHING." Prices were average which I'm more than happy with.


This is my haul! Sorry it's on its side, my Internet is being awful right now and it'll take me about 15 minutes to re-upload a rotated one. As you can see, I picked up several of the items I mentioned above, plus some FQs (6/$9.99!), Bernina bobbins, freezer paper, and some handy dandy clips. They gave me a free thread clipper thing as I was a new customer. Yay! I came home and spread it all out. Anthony has pointed out that when I get excited about my craft stuff, I start singing to my purchases. I'm such a geek.


This is my Sew Stitchy quilt using the 3 Dudes jelly roll quilt pattern tutorial that the Missouri Star Quilt Company did. A lucky person who shall remain nameless will be getting one of these for Christmas, but in different fabric. No clue when I'll have time to do it but it's gotta get done! Anyway, I love Aneela Hoey's Sew Stitchy for Moda fabric so much that I couldn't decide which one I'd use for the back, so I ended up buying a layer cake and I guess it's going to be a reversible quilt when I'm done. With fabric this cute, how could you ever pick just one?

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE NOTE: ALL COMMENTS WITH LINKS TO MEDICAL PRACTICES AND OTHER BUSINESSES WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY AND MARKED AS SPAM. Advertisements are not tolerated on this blog. Go away.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...