Wednesday, November 21, 2012

100th Post

For my 100th post on this blog, here are some projects I've completed or am working on.
 This is the quilt from my learn to quilt class. Since I didn't pre-wash the fabrics, the fabric is now a little crinkly. I like this look and doubt I will prewash in the future unless size is important. I'm very happy with my quilt, despite a few mistakes. Some of the binding is coming off after the wash too and I still need to attach a label. 

This is an iPad mini cover I made myself. Coincidentally, I had exactly enough fabric left over from the quilt I'm working on. There's a few little mistakes and I'm still not great at attaching zippers, but I am getting better. Overall, I'm really happy about this. It even has an iPhone-sized pocket inside. The inside is lined with quilters' flannel in a gingham fabric to match the checkerboard look.

 These are some zippered bags I made one weekend I was home and bored. The green wristlet and the big striped bag are quilted with batting in between. These were all fun and easy to make.


This is one of the quilts I'm working on. It's a jelly roll race quilt. I still need to attach the borders and finish it up. Sigh...too many projects, not enough time. I used a jelly roll (bali pop) of batiks called Rum Raisin by Hoffman Fabrics. I'm not a batik fan but these colours are beautiful in person. This is a little more "grown up" than the other two quilts I'll have made for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE NOTE: ALL COMMENTS WITH LINKS TO MEDICAL PRACTICES AND OTHER BUSINESSES WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY AND MARKED AS SPAM. Advertisements are not tolerated on this blog. Go away.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...