Sunday, February 13, 2011

Finish the Sentence Meme

While I wait for my cold pills to kick in, how about another entry to bore you to tears? I thought so. Jen said she wanted to read about her favourite bloggers. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and call myself one of her favourites. Muahaha.

Maybe I should… Clean my room and do some laundry, only I feel like my head is going to explode because my sinuses are jam-packed with mucous-y goodness right now.

I love… Valentine's Day. I don't generally like holidays but as I'm getting older, I'm appreciating them more. I'm a total girl, so I love anything with pink and hearts. Valentine's Day is a pink and hearts free for all.

People would say that I’m… Chatty. Quick, don't make eye contact, she's about to open her mouth and ask if I want to hear a funny story!

I don’t understand… Why some people think it's okay to treat customer service people like crap. Work a day in their job. I've been working 7 days a week, sometimes up to 12 hours a day, making sacrifices in my personal life to be there, earning minimum wage, for a boss who probably doesn't care. Then I get to be snapped at all day long by people who think I'm beneath them because I'm behind a counter. That is not okay. Maybe some people have crappy jobs because they ARE stupid, but I'm not and neither are any of my coworkers, and I don't need you to assume I am and treat me accordingly. You don't know why I have this job, and no one is better than anyone else.

When I wake up in the morning… I immediately calculate how many hours until I can sleep again. It's a habit I wish I could break, but I can only get myself out of bed with a promise to nap again as soon as humanly possible.

I lost… a really big part of myself by moving back to Ontario, and I'm still grieving that loss. Some days are harder than others but I think the shock is finally out of my system. My stomach doesn't turn when I remember I'm not a Nunavummiuq anymore, but it did for a long time.

Life is… your own journey and nobody else's. Follow your own path, and don't let other people decide it for you. Let your innermost thoughts be your guide and you will never have regrets. I know I'm cheesy but it's true!

My past is… a series of mistakes, bad luck, good luck, and triumphs. But most of all, it's over. Yayyyy! I think the anti-histamines are kicking in, I'm starting to lose coherence here.

I get annoyed when… I'm woken up within an hour of my alarm going off, especially if it's within 10 minutes of my alarm. My dad tends to get up in the middle of the night and start doing dishes or watching something on TV. Yeah, these pills are working. I can't even tell if that sentence makes grammatical sense. Oops?

Parties are… not something I enjoy at all. I have a hard time functioning around large groups of people (excluding at work, obviously) and when there is pressure on me to be chatting and making jokes and seem sociable, I clam up.

I wish… there was no border between the USA and Canada. My life would be a million times easier.

Dogs… No.

Cats… are something I have had and will have for my entire life. It has been suggested many, many times that I will grow up to become a crazy cat lady. I love cats, but I just wish that people didn't use that as a theme for every gift for every occasion. Yes I like cats, but I don't need cat calendars, cat mugs, cat socks, cat everything. If you're going to get me something cat related, get Leah (my torti) a toy or treats or something. I don't need to live, breathe, eat, sleep cat cat cat.

Tomorrow… I work at 4:45am. I work these morning shifts so often that every time I greet a customer at work, I instinctively say, "Good morning!" no matter what time it is.

I have a low tolerance… for badly behaved children. And I don't mean when kids are just being kids (I tend to be pretty patient in that case). I mean kids who act out and know better. And what's with kids throwing money at me at my jobs? That's not cool, and it's only kids who do that. Adults don't fling a 20 on the counter and expect me to reach across and grab it. Oh oh oh...and when parents bring their kids into one of my jobs (I won't name which one), plop their kid on the counter, and get the toddler to complete the entire transaction with me. Umm...why do you do that? I'm not paid to entertain your child and be all cutesy and pretend like I'm enjoying it. It's not fun for me or your kid. And trust me on that last part, I can tell.

Whoa...these cold pills are making me edgy.

If I had a million dollars… I'd buy you a green dress, but not a real green dress, that's cruel! (Ughhh I hate the Barenaked Ladies but I do like that song).

I’m totally terrified… of getting into a car accident. When I drive on the highway, every time I hit a curve in the road, I completely freak out that someone is going to drift into my lane and side-swipe me. I don't know why it scares me so much, but I guess I just don't trust other drivers.


Spelling/grammatical mistakes and incoherent sentences are not my fault. I'm going to go lie down for an hour or 2 or 12 now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE NOTE: ALL COMMENTS WITH LINKS TO MEDICAL PRACTICES AND OTHER BUSINESSES WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY AND MARKED AS SPAM. Advertisements are not tolerated on this blog. Go away.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...