Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Unupdate

I see my page hits have been up the last few days so clearly you want to read something from me. Nothing really noteworthy has happened, hence the lack of entries in the last 10 days. However, I would be happy to tell you about all the things going on with me lately.

1. I'm sick, for the second time in 30 days. I went from December 2008 to February 2011 without so much as a runny nose so I'm pretty irritated. I was doing a lot of running around in February and hardly had any days off so it was understandable then, but what about now? Lame. On Monday, everyone who was at work was sick, it was almost entertaining. Every time someone came in, we had this exchange:
Me: Good morning! How was your weekend?
Coworker: Meh, I came down with something.
Me: Yeah, me too.

By the third time it felt like I was in some kind of Abbott and Costello sketch.

2. I'm pretty much preoccupied with thoughts of buying a vehicle. I haven't been sleeping well lately and I've been waking myself up obsessing about buying a car. The whole process is stressing me out. I'm really trying to put a lot of thought into it but there are so many options and decisions to make, and I'm getting sick of thinking about it. Yesterday I noticed a Nissan X-Trail in our parking lot. I'd never seen one before but physically, it's exactly like what I'm looking for. Then I found out they don't sell them in the USA and there goes that idea. I need something that will accompany me to Michigan, and if something ever goes wrong with it and it requires X-Trail parts, it'll have to be brought back to Canada. That and the newer ones aren't even sold in Canada anymore, they've been replaced by the (somewhat ugly) Rogue.

This is basically how it's been. I'll think I've turned a corner into making somewhat of a decision, and then it blows up in my face.

On the plus side, I am becoming quite familiar with all the SUVs on the market. I've always liked cars so it helps a bit being genuinely interested in all the research I'm doing.

3. Hopefully starting next week, I'll be volunteering with the Host Program. I'll be paired up with a family who recently immigrated to Canada and would like some help getting acclimatized to life here. I'm a little nervous that I don't have much to offer, other than a keen desire to help.

4. I started my personal training sessions and it's pretty awesome. Having a personal trainer makes me feel rich and spoiled, none of which are true, but it's fun to pretend.

5. I'm not reading anything right now, but technically I have 3 books on the go. I should probably get around to finishing something. Still Alice by Lisa Genova was REALLY good but REALLY sad. The quote on the cover is correct; it's not a book I'll forget.

2 comments:

  1. The host program sounds really interesting- I really hope you let us know how that goes, I would consider doing it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That host program sure sounds like a neat idea. I am sure whomever you are matching up with will appreciate you and your enthusiasm!

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: ALL COMMENTS WITH LINKS TO MEDICAL PRACTICES AND OTHER BUSINESSES WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY AND MARKED AS SPAM. Advertisements are not tolerated on this blog. Go away.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...