Sunday, March 6, 2011

Livin' the Dream

In case you were wondering, my first REAL weekend was great. This was the first weekend I didn't have to book off work. Do you want to know how I spent the weekend? You won't be surprised: I slept. Saturday and Sunday (today) I woke up at 11:30 and both yesterday and today I took 2 long naps in the afternoon. It was marvelous.

Anyway, I had a very busy week!

I went out for dinner 4 times, 2 of which were for my sister's birthday. She's now the big 2-0 which is pretty crazy considering I was married and living in Nunavut when I was 20.

On Thursday, I woke up very early (6am!) and went to the gym. I just joined GoodLife and they have something called the TRX system. It costs extra to use it, but they're doing 1-hour trial sessions so you can see if you like it. The only appointment they had was for 6:30am and I decided it was a good idea. I was of course, really irritated with myself the night before and at 6am, but once I was at the gym, I was so glad I went. I really want to make pre-work workouts a regular thing, but it's incredibly difficult to get out of bed when you don't have to. I decided to buy a set of 6 personal training sessions and I told them I want to do them all at 6am. Having an appointment is the only way I'll get out of bed. I wish you could get gyms to give you wake-up and/or harassment calls. YMCA members used to tell me the same thing when I worked there. "Can I pay you to call me and tell me to get my butt here?" I would always just laugh, but it's so true.

After work on Thursday, I donated blood for the very first time. If you remember, donating blood was my new year's resolution. The nurses/volunteers all asked me why I decided to donate blood, and I told them it was my resolution for 2011. They all thought that was wonderful. All in all, an awesome experience and I will go back! It didn't really hurt and I didn't have any side effects at all. In the past when I've had to give blood samples at the doctor, I've felt sick and dizzy. I think it was probably all in my head before, because donating a pint of blood was nothing.

On Friday, I had to drive out to London for some training on software I use at work. It was a neat experience going into the headquarters office there and meeting people.

Of course, I can hardly go a month without another vehicle lesson. I wonder when I'll stop doing dumb things, but I have a good feeling it's never.

After my course, I went across the street to the other office we have in London. When I left, I came back and went into the parking garage where I parked. Although I lived in downtown London for a year, our offices aren't on blocks I used to frequent. I kept getting disoriented and not knowing which direction I was going. So anyway, I mindlessly went into the garage and went up to the third floor, where I had parked. After walking around the entire perimeter of the third floor, I realized my car wasn't there. I'm currently reading Still Alice, about a woman diagnosed with early-onset Alzheimer's. So I was a little freaked out I was having some kind of neural episode. I went down to the second floor and walked around, now sweating and heart pounding, and still didn't see my car. I had visions of going to my lease-end appointment at the dealership on Friday and having no car to give back. "I lost it somewhere, but I'm sure it'll turn up!"

After about 10-15 minutes of frantic searching, I suddenly looked around me. I wasn't in the right parking garage. I looked out the side of the building and saw the parking garage I HAD parked in. Twelve dollars later I was on my way, and feeling a little more dumb than when I had arrived in London.

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry- I still lose my gigantic truck in the Walmart parking lot in Whitehorse. :)

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: ALL COMMENTS WITH LINKS TO MEDICAL PRACTICES AND OTHER BUSINESSES WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY AND MARKED AS SPAM. Advertisements are not tolerated on this blog. Go away.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...