Monday, February 10, 2014

White Chocolate Oreo Blondies with Buttercreme Icing

What do you love most about the Super Bowl? The hoopla? The commercials? The parties? For me, it's definitely the parties. I first started watching the Super Bowl in 2008. I bet $20 on the Patriots and won my $20 plus an additional $20. I loved the Super Bowl immediately. Nowadays my Super Bowls involve less gambling and more cooking. My boyfriend holds a Super Bowl party at his house every year. Normally I make a cake with my football cake pan, but this year I was feeling adventurous. I combined a few recipes to come up with these blondies. They turned out great and I will definitely make them again! They're very rich so it's easy to eat only a small amount, but I found them pretty addictive nonetheless. I had already eaten a big chunk before our guests arrived (oops).

Ingredients: Blondies
Courtesy of All Recipes.

8 ounces white chocolate, chopped (I used Ghirardelli)
1 TBSP vanilla extract
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 eggs
3/4 TSP salt
1/3 white sugar
1 cup semisweet white chocolate chips (again, I used Ghirardelli)
1 package Oreos (I used Double Stuf but you can use whatever you want)

Ingredients: Buttercreme Icing (optional)
Courtesy of The Kitchen Magpie...this has been my go-to vanilla frosting recipe for a few years, it's amazing.

1 cup of salted butter
3  teaspoons of vanilla
4 cups of icing sugar
4-5 tablespoons of  coffee cream (18% and up)
4-5 Oreos, crushed (from package of Oreos listed above)


Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350F (175C). Grease a 9x9 inch baking pan. Melt white chocolate and butter in the top of a double boiler, over barely simmering water. Stir occasionally until smooth. Set aside to cool. (Note from Jaime: if you've never melted chocolate before, do yourself a favour and read about how to do it first. You cannot just throw some chocolate in a pot and put it on the burner.)

2. Crush 6-7 Oreos with a potato masher, set aside.

3. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat eggs until foamy. With the mixer still running, gradually add the sugar and vanilla. Drizzle in the melted white chocolate/butter mixture. Combine the flour and salt; fold into the white chocolate mixture using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon. Fold in chocolate chips and crushed Oreos.



4. Spread evenly a small layer of batter in the pan, just enough to cover the bottom of the pan.



5. Lay Oreos on top of batter (do not squish them down against the pan, they should be sitting on top of the thin layer of batter.



6. Spread rest of batter over Oreos.



7. Bake for 35 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.

8. Let cool completely before icing.

Directions for icing:

1. Whip butter with hand or stand mixer.

2. Add in icing sugar, a bit at a time.

3. Add cream.

4. Add vanilla.

5. Add crushed oreo.

6. Whip with hand or stand mixer.

7. Avoid eating spoonfuls of icing




Spread icing over blondies. I also crushed up the leftovers Oreos and sprinkled them on top.


Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any diabetic shock, clogged arteries, heart attacks, or any other bodily malfunction due to high levels of sugar!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE NOTE: ALL COMMENTS WITH LINKS TO MEDICAL PRACTICES AND OTHER BUSINESSES WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY AND MARKED AS SPAM. Advertisements are not tolerated on this blog. Go away.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...