Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year, New Ideas

Happy 2011! Like many others it seems, I am extremely glad 2010 is over. Though many good things happened, the year was ripe with stress and disappointment.

On New Year's Eve, I drove out to Ann Arbor as Anthony throws an annual party at his house. His friend Margot, an amazing cook/baker/chef/whatever, makes all of the hor d'oeuvres from scratch for the party every year. Nothing she has made that I've ever tasted has been anything less than utterly phenomenal. So I had been excited about that, and she definitely didn't disappoint. However, I was feeling pretty sleepy and worn out from working so much and promptly fell asleep shortly after midnight. It was a well-deserved sleep, I assure you.

Anyway, I have to admit I'm having some thoughts about ending this blog. I never talk about it, but I've been having problems with stalkers (yes, plural), harassment, and privacy concerns. Last night was pretty much the last straw. Although I love that people can and want to read what I say, there are a few people who I'd rather just kept away from me (on the Internet), and they clearly refuse to. I'm sick and tired of the drama caused by my blogs, my Twitter, and Facebook. I made some major changes to my privacy levels on Facebook and am now debating the next step: not publishing information about myself on this blog anymore. It's sad that a few people can wreck something I enjoy, but frankly, I'm fed up with it.

So while I mull it over, I may not post for awhile. It's not a decision I want to make quickly.

2 comments:

  1. I can very much understand that need for enhanced privacy. With Blogspot there is an option where you can have registered users and allow only certain people to read your blog. Check it out. That way you could continue to blog and not have to worry about those stalkers. Just an idea. I like reading your stuff even though we never have met. We just both happened to live and work in the north once upon a time.
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came to suggest the same thing - password protect your blog and tweet generic tweets? Or delete followers you don't know.
    I like your blog, but I should probably just talk to you in person, no? :) <3

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: ALL COMMENTS WITH LINKS TO MEDICAL PRACTICES AND OTHER BUSINESSES WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY AND MARKED AS SPAM. Advertisements are not tolerated on this blog. Go away.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...