Sunday, January 13, 2013

Happy 2013

I've been a terrible blogger, but, I've been a very busy blogger!

2013 is off to a good start so far. I've started another class, advanced sewing, and I'm working on making this dress (the green one):



It's going to be quite a challenge but I'm excited about it. I'm also working on making this at home (the one the model is wearing):



Sometime soon I will be taking another quilt class. It's a sampler quilt and we will learn several blocks. I don't think I mentioned but I joined the local quilt guild. I've been to 3 meetings (they're monthly) and I quite enjoy it. The 3 ladies who sat at my table in our quilting class also joined so I already have a group of friends. The 4 of us are going to the International Quilt Show in Cincinnati in Ohio and I'm excited.

I've also started doing embroidery. I bought myself Doodle Stitching and my sister got me Aneela Hoey's book, Little Stitches for Christmas. I've done one thing out of each book so far.

Away from the crafting talk, I'm very glad 2012 is over. I thought about it, and all in all, it was a disappointing year in a lot of ways. I spent a lot of 2012 stressed out and unhappy and it definitely reached a head during the Christmas rush. December was a rough month, and the weeks leading up to Christmas were stressful. Having a few skills under my belt this Christmas, I put too much pressure on myself to incorporate them all. Next year I need to be more realistic and I need to start earlier.

The good news is, things are on the upswing again. I've started going back to the gym regularly, I'm taking it slower with the classes, and there's already been some talk about the job thing, which you'll understand if you know me through more than this blog.

My next post after this will be only photos to show what's been going on with me lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE NOTE: ALL COMMENTS WITH LINKS TO MEDICAL PRACTICES AND OTHER BUSINESSES WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY AND MARKED AS SPAM. Advertisements are not tolerated on this blog. Go away.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...