On June 11, I'll be undergoing double jaw surgery and sliding genioplasty. Both my upper and lower jaws will be moved forward, otherwise known as bimaxillary advancement, or maxillomandibular osteotomy, otherwise known as bilateral sagittal split osteotomy and Le Fort I. Me? I call it the triple whammy.
It is hard to believe I've already been in braces for more than 11 months. As you may know, within these 11 months I got engaged, enjoyed two vacations and Christmas, planned a wedding, and then got married, so it's really no wonder 11 months have flown by.
Last week when I realized I had a mere 7 weeks to go, I decided to start buying stuff.
This is what I've purchased so far:
- Memory foam wedge pillow
- This set of Zip-n-Squeeze bags for thin liquids
- And this set for thicker puréed foods
- This jaw bra...it's like a bra, for your jaw
- Sport-style squeeze bottle
Still on the to-buy list:
- Cheap, dark pillow cases
- More hot/cold gel packs
- Pure lanolin (to keep my lips from cracking afterwards)
- A good blender (any recommendations?)
I am feeling pretty well prepared, mentally and shopping-wise.
As I did with SARPE, I plan to blog my way through the experience again, so stay tuned for more!