Friday, December 6, 2013

Getting Fit, Progress Update #3

Well, I made it through another month! This month carried its fair share of invitations and opportunities for non-keto friendly meals, but somehow I still managed to lose weight.

I'm even going to post photos!

FYI, I'm doing this a day early since I had a good day (food and exercise wise) yesterday and knew I'd be getting a Starbucks latte today, so I wanted to do my measurements before potential bloating.

MEASUREMENTS

Height: 5'5½" December 6 November 7 October 7 September 7Total Lost
Weight 130lbs 135lbs 140lbs148lbs20 lbs*
Bust 33" 34" 35"36"3"
Waist 27.5" 28" 30"31"3.5"
Muffin top 35" 36.5" 38"39"4"
Upper thigh 21.5" 22" 23"24.5"3"
Belly35"35.5"??0.5"
*I started trying to lose weight on August 26, but I didn't start going low carb until September 6.

Today was the first day I measured in at 130lbs, after bouncing between 131 and 132 for the past few weeks. This means I've now made my first big scale-based goal. This also means I'm now in high school weight territory. Can't complain about that.

FOODS I ATE A LOT OF THIS MONTH
Steak
Eggs
Steak
Almonds
Berries
STEAK
Spinach and chicken salad
Steak

In other words, the sirloin kick is still in full swing. I think it's crossing into addiction land. I knew I had a problem when I bought a $38 4-pack of steak so I could get through a weekend in Sarnia.

THIS MONTH'S VICTORIES
  • I have a few articles of clothing I just cannot wear anymore, they're way too big
  • I bought a pair of size 6 (non-stretch!) jeans thinking they'd probably be too small and I could just hang onto them...but they were too big when I got them home.
  • Favourite blouses from Dynamite are starting to get baggy, especially in the stomach region. These are the same blouses I used to have to put double-sided tape in between the buttons around the stomach to keep a flat seam.
  • Met my November goal to work out 9+ times outside of organized sports. All in all, I was active 18 of November's 30 days.

  • GOALS FOR THE MONTH GOING FORWARD
  • Exercise 10 times outside of organized sports
  • Enjoy Christmas and indulge a bit

  • THOUGHTS
    I'm starting to see how rude people can be about weight loss. Twice in this past month, people have been pretty critical. The first time, I was asked how much more weight I plan to lose. When I answered, the person snapped at me that it was too much and I look fine now, why would I want to lose anymore weight? I shouldn't have even answered the question because it's nobody's business but mine. Secondly, the number I'd like to get to isn't underweight by any means; it's still within the "normal" range of the BMI.

    The second time, the person told me I didn't need to lose weight in the first place. Thanks? It's reassuring to know that not everybody was looking at me thinking, "Jaime could stand to lose some weight," but I'm not doing this for anyone else but me. Good or bad, other people's opinions don't really matter. I never understand why people make comments like that, especially since it doesn't take into consideration that I was really unhappy at 150lbs.

    PHOTOS
    Pretty nervous about this so be nice.


    I have a jawline again! Now I see the facial difference people have pointed out. August 4 and today.


    Stomach progression (September/October then second row is November/December)


    Clothes-on comparison (was already down 10lbs in left photo)

    4 comments:

    1. I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS!!

      Amazing. I love the progression photos. Make sure you are taking some sideways photos of yourself too. Then you can really see the tummy change. I love how your jawline has emerged.

      I know all too well the comments; I am sure I have heard all the same ones you have. A lot of them were so hard to explain, mostly the ones about why I had to turn to weight loss surgery to lose the weight. But after two years I have answered them all so many times I am sure I could answer in my sleep.

      Thanks for the food list. My eating since coming home after this surgery has been a lot more carbs since they help me hold the pain medication down easier. But time to get back to the high protein. I think I am going to go and thaw me some STEAK!

      :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Steak!! Yes, have some steak for your old pal, Jaime!

        I really appreciate your support and encouragement, especially since my weight loss is essentially peanuts compared to yours (mmm, peanuts...). The fact you've posted so many progress photos of your own is pretty much the only reason I posted any. I thought, if Kara can post her naked butt for the whole world to see, I can post my flabby stomach. :-)

        Delete
    2. How can anyone criticize you, you're eating well and being active. You're being good to yourself. And if it makes you feel good then do it!

      What I want to know is how the diet has effected your mood, alertness, energy, ect? Do you notice a change?

      PS I have no freaking idea how to comment with my account anymore, I've gotten out of touch with blogging - Jen

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Jen! You need to get back into blogging!!

        I have definitely noticed a change in all the things you mentioned. I'm not sure how much of it has to do with the diet and how much is due to the exercise. I know that anytime I've exercised regularly, my moods are 1000 times better than when I'm not exercising at all.

        The biggest change is that I don't get the 2pm crash anymore. That was such a regular part of my day before that I could tell it was 2pm without even looking at a clock. Now, I have lots of energy and don't even really nap anymore. I used to crash at 2pm and struggle to 4pm, when I'd come home from work and nap until about 7.

        I think my concentration has improved, too. I noticed that right away when I took most carbs out of my diet.

        Delete

    PLEASE NOTE: ALL COMMENTS WITH LINKS TO MEDICAL PRACTICES AND OTHER BUSINESSES WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY AND MARKED AS SPAM. Advertisements are not tolerated on this blog. Go away.

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...