Thursday, October 10, 2013

Low Carb, Low Guilt Peanut Butter Cookies

Okay so I'm not reinventing the wheel here or anything, but I thought I'd share my low carb peanut butter cookie recipe. I used a few different recipes to make mine. I did this exact recipe yesterday and just warning you: it's hard to eat only one.

Ingredients:
1 cup peanut butter (as I have learned, do not use low/no fat PB, they will not bake properly)
Sweetener equivalent to 1 cup sugar (I use Truvia)
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 egg
2/3rds cup oats (or up to 1 cup, if carb count is not an issue to you)
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1 tablespoon coarse sea salt
Chocolate chips (optional)

Directions:
Mix peanut butter, sweetener, egg, vanilla, and oats in a mixing bowl with a wooden spoon. You may want to use a spatula to scrape off the dough from the sides of the bowl later on (can't let any of the dough go to waste!).

Lay a sheet of aluminum foil on a cookie pan and spray with cooking spray.

Drop rounded spoonfuls on the pan, and criss-cross flatten with a fork. I can get 20 cookies out of this amount, but I like my cookies a bit on the small side (3" diametre or so).

Sprinkle with sea salt, and bake at 350F for 10-11 minutes.

Take aluminum foil sheet off (with cookies attached) and cool on a baking rack immediately to avoid burned bottoms (unless you're like me and love burned cookies).

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE NOTE: ALL COMMENTS WITH LINKS TO MEDICAL PRACTICES AND OTHER BUSINESSES WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY AND MARKED AS SPAM. Advertisements are not tolerated on this blog. Go away.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...